Clevo W870CU BIOS mod request

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by tsftd, Jun 30, 2010.

1. tsftd

tsftd MDL Novice

Jun 30, 2010
    #1 tsftd, Jun 30, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2010
    At a minimum, I need the hyperthreading toggle enabled, but if general overclocking options could also be enabled, that'd be awesome. Pretty much everyone with this model laptop wants the same thing, there are hundreds of threads around the net with people asking for the same thing.

I tried opening it in Phoenix Bios Editor, but it didnt work. It's a Phoenix BIOS, of course. If anyone is interested, I can provide all versions of the bios updates, as well as backup dumps of them.

If nobody wants to do it, I'd appreciate any information you could give me on doing it myself -- I'm fairly handy with computers, though this would be my first attempt at bios hacking.

I tried installing RWeverything but it failed, running Win7 x64. If someone can tell me how to fix this, I will post the dump. If anything else is needed, let me know.

edit: a possible approach would be to compare the dev bios (which has overclocking enabled for extreme chips) with the later versions -- this may shed some light on how to enable the options, and at a minimum maybe the CPU id could be changed (ie change the cpu id for the 920xm which has OCing enabled to the cpu id for 720qm which is what I have -- that should trick the bios into opening up the options). Also, someone hooked me up with a link to a version released by Sager that has VT enabled, which should give some more info too.

further edit: someone else hooked me up with a bios that has VT and HT options enabled; so now, the only thing I'd like would be a fully overclocking-enabled build, but I won't hold my breath for it, given the amount of work it would likely entail.

2. jchin206

jchin206 MDL Novice

Jul 12, 2010
    Any link to this for the W860CU?

3. tsftd

tsftd MDL Novice

Jun 30, 2010
    only for the w870cu, and i dont recommend trying to stick a 870 bios on a 860... sorry, mate.