[Closed] KB3140743 problems on Windows 10

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Garbellano, Mar 6, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garbellano

Garbellano MDL Addicted

Aug 13, 2012
  2. abbodi1406

abbodi1406 MDL KB0000001

Feb 19, 2011
    Users will always face problems with updates, nothing new, nothing that interesting, and nothing restricted to w10 :)

3. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    Is not never been no any problems.
    It is difficult to understand, how there are some people, having only problems and did not have never nothing else.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    If people had no problems with computers, I (and thousands others) would have no job...

5. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    yep well here with LTSB no problems til now :p

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Stewox

Stewox MDL Junior Member

Nov 22, 2013
    That's where my dillema comes from, should I plow in now, discover stuff early, or wait and get into Win10 later when stuff is more polished (SP1) - going early I might learn deeper and more but possibly go through a few protracted hoops that might later not be necessary when MS fixes the bugs of updates for other bugs,

Cause I'm not in a hurry for a new OS at all, major point that drives me to get into early is because I wish to do all the tweaking/config + installer before I even use Win10 practically on my main PC. Not going through that manual process like I did with Win7, I know a lot more about PCs and stuff then I did back then.

I disagree with some of the comments, I think stuff like this is good to be documented even if it's a niche or just another buggy update, the users that don't have them well they're lucky, but there might be more , and if it's documented it's easier to keep everything organized, it's easier for everyone else getting into tweaking, they will know what can do what, that's why I'm doing lurking here before I commit some actual work, it's a lot more important than people give credit to, knowing an issue saves you a lot of time figuring out yourself what the problem might be, imagine like having a map and/or compass in a Zelda videogame, althought this is way more complex, if I have that early, I don't need to spend as much time in the dungeon search for the compass and a map, right, so I'm going to keep an eye out for this update, but as with updates I found out that using an already updated release doesn't produce the kind of bugs updates could cause when they're intalled later or in the middle of installing - that's why I never update, so I bypass a lot of these problems, I do a lot of things to get rid of the variables and it's been working for me well at least with Win7 (XP I was still newbie, Vista skipped)

That's why either integration or a script/installer is necessary for my work - I need to concurently keep it updated, track all my tweaks, and when something goes wrong I reinstall Win10 and apply all the previous okay tweaks so I don't have to redo that each test reinstall. I haven't decided yet which should be the better approach, installer/script at fresh Win10 install or straight to integration.

7. sizen

sizen MDL Junior Member

Jun 4, 2009
    kb3140742 is okay?

8. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    I actually noticed a big slowdown on my tablet after installing this, everything felt like CPU was maxed with malware

9. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009