[Closed] The upcoming Unsupported Hardware Watermark could appear very soon!

Discussion in 'Windows 11' started by pisthai, Feb 27, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    The upcoming Unsupported Hardware Watermark could appear very soon!

As Microsoft already announced they planning to display an Unsupported Hardware Watermark on even native Windows 11 computers.

That Watermark would be easy to remove! All the user needs to have to do, is open REGEDIT, go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Control Panel > Unsupported-HardwareNotificationCache, and change the Value of the SV2 Key from 1 to 0. Close Regedit afterward.

That's all and that Watermark should be gone. It works well for the DEV Version of Windows 11 and will work for regulars as well.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. scaramonga

scaramonga MDL Senior Member

Oct 27, 2012
  3. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    @scaramonga:
    Everything that's older than one hour, is already Old News!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. itsmemario1

itsmemario1 MDL Expert

Sep 10, 2012
    Now they might think of a new way to make it harder to remove the watermark. ;)

5. AveYo

AveYo MDL Expert

Feb 10, 2009
    It's kinda disrespectful to do what you did without checking the forum, specifically the.. new dev build threads.
    Already the 2nd one mentioning it under Tools & Fixes, solution originally posted by awuctl.

https://forums.mydigitallife.net/th...uild-22563-1-pc-dev-channel-ni_release.85035/

https://forums.mydigitallife.net/th...uild-22557-1-pc-dev-channel-ni_release.84990/
    Please don't tell me you do it because you're poor.

6. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    @BAU:
    I already used the SEARCH function of this forum and it came up with NOTHING!

And for sure, I did not check every single post posted on this forum! Firstly: it's simply impossible to do that because of the mass of daily posts posted every day and secondly because I'm even not interested for to read all of that, be it good, bad or whatsoever! Thirdly I've other things to do which are for sure much more important for me!

Besides that, it's kinda disrespectful to state as you did without checking first!

7. AveYo

AveYo MDL Expert

Feb 10, 2009
    Is it that much to ask checking at the very least the first post of the latest dev build?
    This is not reddit karma whoring, it's an organized forum, with volunteers that take hours and hours of their time to maintain those topics so that you have the important information right here.
    If you have things more important to do, don't spam forums with stuff originating here eleven days ago. It's that simple. I'm reacting to your Everything that's older than one hour, is already Old News! instead of the appropriate Sorry, did not read

8. awuctl

awuctl MDL Member

Jun 6, 2020
  9. AveYo

AveYo MDL Expert

Feb 10, 2009
  10. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    To those who like always to criticize others!

Look at the full answers given to my OP: "Old News!"
    What does that really mean? There isn't any explanation about WHY my OP was "Old News"! Is such respectful, @:Mr.BAU? NO, it isn't and that really was the point of my own answer to that comment saying: "Everything that's older than one hour, is already Old News!"! I really should have done written: "Everything is Old News, which even was explained to others just a few seconds ago!"! My answer just was an answer to an unspecified and unexplained comment!

The intention of my OP, simply was to gave other users a way to bypass a maybe upcoming annoying watermark of Microsoft. to get that information, I researched finally the command structure of the command of the Registrationspecial regarding Windows 11. MS had extended the command structure of the registration for the new Windows 11 Registration. Same MS always do for any new upcoming OS! There wasn't any copy and paste from any 3. party side, Developer, Programmer, or whatsoever, only Microsofts resources were used for that!
    @Mr.BAU, would you tell again that was disrespectful?

In the past, also regarding Windows 11, I posted about "My Way" how to install, upgrade to be precise, from Windows 10 (or even 7/8.1) to Windows 11, which were 'bushed' or better attacked by some self-claimed Experts of this forum to telling that were not working!
    I could use the exact same Registration commands till today to either install Windows 11 fully or upgrade from Windows 10 (or 7/8.1) to 11. Those deniers simply did not realize that they didn't have the knowledge to write the needed command in the proper matter!

But: WHO am I? I'm just a very imperfect human who does many things wrong every single day and never claimed to have all the needed knowledge! Just: what I did not know, I could easily find out by doing the needed and correct survey! Regarding Microsoft products, that are Microsofts own knowledge base and servers. And that's always what I'm using for myself! If I copy and paste, I just do that from the MS side! Enough said!

Period!

11. AveYo

AveYo MDL Expert

Feb 10, 2009
    Ohh, you're excused then. I know better than to argue with persons on their period. And I was not looking to argue, there's nothing to argue about, it's just facts, but sorry nonetheless if I made you bleed extra.

12. awuctl

awuctl MDL Member

Jun 6, 2020
    Exactly which Microsoft resource details which registry key is used as cache in bool Settings::Internal::UnsupportedHardwareNotificationCache::TryGetValidCachedValue() (used by static bool CDesktopWatermark::s_IsMachineUnsupported()?)
    Microsoft doesn't publicly document mistakes (they would run out of space on Azure in like a day).

13. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    @pisthai and other fellow MDL users

We are well past those days when you could dump some random info from the internet to the forums. Nowadays, the MDL forum is considered a high authority when it comes to Microsoft Windows related modding and developments, hence researching a bit and citing the appropriate source are recommended. Clickbait contents from long timers aren't expected, cause it hurts the reputation of the user as well as the forum.

I'm closing it here.