[Closed] - Windows 10 (RS1) Anniversary Update build 10.1.14400.16384 RTM for PC

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Prosto, Jul 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iFlaX

iFlaX MDL Senior Member

Apr 10, 2015
    This thread is pointless due to the fact that the build isn't released yet, the "RTM" build can be whatever, hell it might be 14400, but don't create threads for a build that is not yet available...

2. hounsell

hounsell MDL Novice

Oct 9, 2014
    WZor's just talking out his arse when he mentions major and minor updates. Anyone throwing LTSB in the mix (as someone did to me on Twitter) is the same.

The full OS upgrades come in all shapes and sizes. TH1->TH2 will likely prove to be larger than most updates in the future. The only levels of update MS really do is Hotfix -> Cumulative Updates (Monthly bundles) -> Upgrade (ie, moving between Release Milestones). LTSB isn't tied to "Major" updates as WZor likes to class them - they just aim for one a year which usually works out every two releases. That means the next LTSB after RS1 is possibly going to be RS3 (It certainly was the plan at one stage, but I think they've rejigged the release schedule since I last saw a plan so not 100% on this anymore), which will be one of the more "minor" releases so far.

Plus, 14400 aside, the whole "10.1" and ".16384" stand out even more as fabrications of someone who's lost all touch with the reality within Microsoft right now.

I mean, RS2 builds being compiled right now are not even 10.1, just good old 10.0.

3. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    No need to create a new thread, just for speculation.