CloudFlare

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by jetpuck73, Dec 24, 2017.

1. jetpuck73

jetpuck73 MDL Novice

Oct 18, 2013
    I just started seening this CloudFlare pop up on internet explorer when i try to go to certain sites, has anyone seen this before and can I remove it? Thanks

2. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    do you have a dynamic ip address or a static ip
    web sites that use cloud flare might be blocking because it thinks your malicious (spammer...ect.)
    are you associated with spamming or attempting to crack into web sites?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jetpuck73

jetpuck73 MDL Novice

Oct 18, 2013
    NNot sure, I have Comcast as my provider.

No, I am not associated with spamming or attempting to crack into web sites

4. GOD666

GOD666 MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2015
    Cloudflare is a service which places a website behind a proxy firewall by acting as the DNS for that particular website. It also offers some limited cache and speed enhancements (I would not call it a CDN although a lot of people easily try to associate it as one). A lot of sites use Cloudflare, including MDL. If you are getting warnings it is likely someone used to have your IP or perhaps, some unknown junk on your PC is actually doing something you may wish to become aware of (suggest you run a full anti-virus scan). More than likely, it is the result of someone previously having your IP and they did some not so nice things with it. Until that is cleared up, you'll just have to wait it out.

5. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    In order to be able to recommend something or somehow help You, it is necessary to know what popup you see and on which sites.
    These popups may be in any way not related with You, but related to webserver, where this site is hosted etc.
    So, if possible, please explain a bit more, what popup, on which sites, always or only sometimes, what the notice etc.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    You probably have a dynamic ip address because if you had a static ip you'd be paying extra for it, Being that (maybe?) all you have to do is unplug your modem for several hours and Comcast will assign you a different ip address, To be sure google "Whats My ip" and get your current ip addy, after you unplug and wait several hours (or overnight) go back and google "whats my ip" again to see if your ip has changed (it should be different now)

7. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    It's simply an IP that has previously been used for spamming/malvertising. The ban/verification is associated with the IP and only the IP, so anyone getting it from the ISP will be a suspected spammer (CloudFlare doesn't know better).

As mentioned by @Joe C in post #6, get yourself a new IP, done. In case of IPv6, you'll probably need a new /64 prefix (should be assigned by the ISP automatically, too).