CloudRecoveryTool

Discussion in 'Windows 11' started by mustafa gotr, Sep 29, 2026.

  1. mustafa gotr

    mustafa gotr MDL Senior Member

    Apr 17, 2018
    327
    1,179
    10
    #81 mustafa gotr, Oct 9, 2026 at 05:45
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2026 at 06:27
    (OP)
  2. mustafa gotr

    mustafa gotr MDL Senior Member

    Apr 17, 2018
    327
    1,179
    10
  3. jagoanku

    jagoanku MDL Junior Member

    Jun 6, 2026
    51
    107
    0
  4. mustafa gotr

    mustafa gotr MDL Senior Member

    Apr 17, 2018
    327
    1,179
    10
    I am currently still trying to discover errors by running tests. If you find a bug, please report it.
     
  5. mustafa gotr

    mustafa gotr MDL Senior Member

    Apr 17, 2018
    327
    1,179
    10
    Interesting, I'll check it out.
     
  6. mustafa gotr

    mustafa gotr MDL Senior Member

    Apr 17, 2018
    327
    1,179
    10
  7. mustafa gotr

    mustafa gotr MDL Senior Member

    Apr 17, 2018
    327
    1,179
    10
  8. LTSC-Ten

    LTSC-Ten MDL Member

    Sep 27, 2026
    118
    148
    10
    re: #53 (so maybe in #54 too)

    When typing numbers in the Model input box, it will jump to that page and not stay in the Model input box.

    Speaking of Model numbers - any chance of adding the HP OmniDesk desktop series?
     
  9. mustafa gotr

    mustafa gotr MDL Senior Member

    Apr 17, 2018
    327
    1,179
    10
  10. LTSC-Ten

    LTSC-Ten MDL Member

    Sep 27, 2026
    118
    148
    10
    Thanks, I'll try those models over the next couple of days on the desktop.

    What about my laptop?
    HP Envy 14-FA0013DX
    CPU = AMD Ryzen 5 8640HS @ 3.50 GHz
    RAM = 16 GB LPDDR5
    GPU = AMD Radeon 760M
     
  11. mustafa gotr

    mustafa gotr MDL Senior Member

    Apr 17, 2018
    327
    1,179
    10
    To pinpoint the exact path and construct the correct manifest (configuration) URL that HP Cloud Recovery is looking for on the S3 server, I need the hardware IDs that the tool sends to the server.

    The application uses two primary parameters to build the URL in the background (String Builder). You can pull these directly from the Windows Command Prompt (CMD - Run as Administrator):

    1. System Board ID (Motherboard SSID Value) HP structures its image folders on the server based on the motherboard's 4-character ID (e.g., 8A0F, 89ED, etc.), not the model name.

    • How to find it (CMD): wmic baseboard get product (Please provide the 4-character or specialized BaseBoard ID value from the output.)
    2. Product ID / SKU Code This determines the exact model variant and region code of the device (e.g., 4A1B2EA#AB8). The XML/JSON file on S3 is typically named after this code.

    • How to find it (CMD): wmic csproduct get name, version (Please provide the Product Name and Version/SKU values from the output.)
    Send me this information via the private message section.
     
  12. LTSC-Ten

    LTSC-Ten MDL Member

    Sep 27, 2026
    118
    148
    10
    #97 LTSC-Ten, Oct 10, 2026 at 11:42
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2026 at 12:16
    Will do. May be a day or two.
     
  13. LTSC-Ten

    LTSC-Ten MDL Member

    Sep 27, 2026
    118
    148
    10
    When I am at the Features On Demand section, whenever I add a checkbox in the Feature box, I have to scroll it out of view before I can make any other checkbox selections.
     
  14. LTSC-Ten

    LTSC-Ten MDL Member

    Sep 27, 2026
    118
    148
    10
    For example, I cannot select Windows Search because I cannot scroll Work Folders Client *AND* the item below Windows Projected File System to *BOTH* be out of view.

    upload_2026-10-10_8-11-53.png
     
  15. LTSC-Ten

    LTSC-Ten MDL Member

    Sep 27, 2026
    118
    148
    10
    In the Services tab, none of the buttons (Office, Gaming/Performance, Lite, Secure, WindowsReg) are doing anything as far as selections.
    The Reset to defaults is working, but the others do not seem to be working.

    |
    |

    Same applies to Scheduled Tasks.
    The Disable recommended button does not seem to work.
    But the Reset selection button does work.