cmd window not appearing

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Jabbe, Aug 15, 2010.

1. Jabbe

Jabbe MDL Novice

Aug 15, 2010
    I have just installed W7 Ultimate. I have a problem with cmd: the processes cmd.exe and conhost.exe are started/running, but there is no black 'DOS' window popping up. So I can't do the simplest commands. (Except by PS)
    It seems so ridiculous for such a basic part of the OS.

I have seen that I am not alone in the world with this problem, but sofar all ideas have not helped. Anybody who can help, or give some ideas?

Jan in Sweden

2. kubato

kubato MDL Member

Jul 29, 2009
    #2 kubato, Aug 15, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2010
    I hate to say it but, you might have a spyware loaded version. Where did you get your Windows 7 from? Someone has configured your Win 7 to start cmd either hidden or minimized so they can run some app. You could download Super Anti Spyware and check you system or get a Windows 7 from one of the links here. Remember, once you check you system that is still not going to fix the problem of fixing the registry key so that cmd.exe does not start minimized or hidden.
    I think you best choice is to start over, format the win7 you have and reinstall below
    http://forums.mydigitallife.net/thr...nks-English-Spanish-German-French-X86-amp-X64
    These are legit downloads that are fast, once downloaded get Windows 7 loader from Daz.

3. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    I'd clean install this one http://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/7126-The-Official-Windows-7-Repository

and get back to us...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. jabberwocky

jabberwocky MDL Member

Aug 28, 2009
    have you simply checked the properties . right click the cmd.exe and select properties , and check all of the settings. if you have a preactivated windows OS it may have been hidden .

5. calatheamartinez

calatheamartinez MDL Novice

Aug 17, 2010
    Ok so this cmd.exe was running but dont display so go to task manger and right click on cmd.exe and select maximise. try this if is appear then o other wise you need to format your os drive and reinstall windows 7.