cmdlines.txt + .reg files - installed into OEm folder..New to this,need help..

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by tnx, Feb 9, 2011.

1. tnx

tnx MDL Expert

Sep 2, 2008
    mmmmmmmm nar. I never looked.

Trouble is now I had to boot up into my working PC..My good lady wife needed to print out some docs...So when i switch back over i will look and see what has happened and look at the registry.

@Kouryu
    Where would i add this script ? oobe.cmd ?

2. searchengine

searchengine Guest

@tnx ...

don't do anything yet ...I think I see what's up ... I will test run in vmware soon :D ... I think I made very basic mistake (leaving crucial instruction from Animate.cmd) ... stay tuned :D

3. tnx

tnx MDL Expert

Sep 2, 2008
    You know i was just gunna try it one more time......

I'll do my Rubicks cube for a bit......I am so 80's...Might as well get some Depeche Mode on the media player...

4. tnx

tnx MDL Expert

Sep 2, 2008
    Well i have just been messing with RT7Lite....Guess what, there is an option to disable the windows animation minimise\maximise. Exactly what i want to do....
    Just rebuilding an image now. Added some SATA RAID drivers too cause there's another thing a fresh install never recognises my SATA DVD writer on RAID.

All I have to do is wait an hour for it to finish.

Hope i can get the script to work though....

Just thinking now then, if RT7Lite can sitch off the animations it must be writing a script of its own . If i could find this scrip this would help matters....Does anyone know where this script will be..Taking into consideration RT7Lite is using W7 files without me adding an OEM folder..

5. Trinket

Trinket MDL Senior Member

Feb 20, 2010
    #45 Trinket, Feb 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Here are some tweaks I always apply to my 7 images, it's only a fraction of the tweaks I use but here are some that center around desktop/explorer experience. The way these get applied is via a script that applies the reg tweaks present in a "Tweaks" folder, much like AlphaWaves described earlier (and that is the preferred way to apply these, as you don't want to be making rt7lite images as they take too long to make and you don't have all your tweaks centralized that way and it's hard to change things after doing all that), so before first logon all these tweaks will be applied already and no reboot is required. These include the visual effects tweaks like minimizing/maximizing animations, but I left the start button and min/max/exit button animation intact (and also the shadow around windows borders) because otherwise things would be really bleak. Anyway, you can try these and see if you like them:

Code:
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

;Tweaks the Visual Effects so that the Minimize/Maximize Animation and Shadow for Mouse, Fade or Slide Menus/Tooltips, and Fade Menu Items are disabled (for all users)
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\VisualEffects]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\VisualEffects\AnimateMinMax]
    "Type"="checkbox"
    "Text"="@shell32.dll,-30534"
    "SPIActionGet"=dword:00000048
    "SPIActionSet"=dword:00000049
    "CheckedValue"=dword:00000001
    "UncheckedValue"=dword:00000000
    "DefaultValue"=dword:00000000
    "HelpID"="windows.hlp#51140"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\VisualEffects\ComboBoxAnimation]
    "Type"="checkbox"
    "Text"="@shell32.dll,-30539"
    "SPIActionGet"=dword:00001004
    "SPIActionSet"=dword:00001005
    "DefaultValue"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\VisualEffects\ControlAnimations]
    "Type"="checkbox"
    "Text"="@shell32.dll,-30549"
    "SPIActionGet"=dword:00001042
    "SPIActionSet"=dword:00001043

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\VisualEffects\CursorShadow]
    "Type"="checkbox"
    "Text"="@shell32.dll,-30531"
    "SPIActionGet"=dword:0000101a
    "SPIActionSet"=dword:0000101b

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\VisualEffects\DropShadow]
    "Type"="checkbox"
    "Text"="@shell32.dll,-30532"
    "SPIActionGet"=dword:00001024
    "SPIActionSet"=dword:00001025
    "DefaultByAlphaTest"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\VisualEffects\MenuAnimation]
    "Type"="checkbox"
    "Text"="@shell32.dll,-30536"
    "SPIActionGet"=dword:00001002
    "SPIActionSet"=dword:00001003

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\VisualEffects\SelectionFade]
    "Type"="checkbox"
    "Text"="@shell32.dll,-30546"
    "SPIActionGet"=dword:00001014
    "SPIActionSet"=dword:00001015

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\VisualEffects\TooltipAnimation]
    "Type"="checkbox"
    "Text"="@shell32.dll,-30547"
    "SPIActionGet"=dword:00001016
    "SPIActionSet"=dword:00001017

;Remove "Shortcut To ..." text when new shorcuts are created
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer]
    "link"=hex:00,00,00,00

;Remove warning about showing hidden system folders
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder\SuperHidden]
    "WarningIfNotDefault"=-

;Show Run in Start Menu
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced]
    "Start_ShowRun"=dword:00000001

;Only combine taskbar when it's full
    "TaskbarGlomLevel"=dword:00000001

;Speed up shell response
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop]
    "MenuShowDelay"="20"

[HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-19\Control Panel\Desktop]
    "MenuShowDelay"="20"

[HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-20\Control Panel\Desktop]
    "MenuShowDelay"="20"

;Speed up Windows Thumb Time-Delay
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Mouse]
    "MouseHoverTime"="60"

;Enable show: Hidden Files, File Extensions, Drives without Media (for current user - requires log off)
    "Hidden"=dword:00000001
    "HideFileExt"=dword:00000000
    "HideDrivesWithNoMedia"=dword:00000000
    "HideIcons"=dword:00000000
    ;"ShowSuperHidden"=dword:00000001

;Add "My Computer" to the Desktop by default for all users
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\HideDesktopIcons\NewStartPanel]
    "{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}"=dword:00000000

;Put "My Computer" on the desktop for current user
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\HideDesktopIcons\NewStartPanel]
    "{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}"=dword:00000000

6. tnx

tnx MDL Expert

Sep 2, 2008
    I hate this APP....Changed two things,added one driver then set it going...After 45mins i realised it's just stcuk in a loop so i closed it down. That took for ever so i cnt+alt=delete to shut the thing down..It did..Now i just get an error and it wont work now...Why did i bother..

7. tnx

tnx MDL Expert

Sep 2, 2008
    @Trinket

Cheers mate....Copied all that to keep safe.Gunna look at them now and see what i can do.

8. RickSteele

RickSteele MDL Addicted

Nov 12, 2009
    #48 RickSteele, Feb 12, 2011
    I merge my reg tweaks directly into the wim thusly:

Legend:

wim_reg_paths

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT = HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\WIM_Software\Classes

HKEY_CURRENT_USER = HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\WIM_Default

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE = HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\WIM_Software

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM = HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\WIM_System

Code:
    CLS

@echo off

"C:\Program Files\WindowsResources\Windows OPK\Tools\amd64\Servicing\Dism.exe" /mount-wim /wimfile:"D:\GRMCULXFREO_EN\sources\install.wim" /index:4 /mountdir:"D:\DISM_Folders\mount"

pause

reg.exe load HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\WIM_Default "D:\DISM_Folders\mount\Users\Default\NTUSER.DAT"
    reg.exe load HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\WIM_Software "D:\DISM_Folders\mount\Windows\System32\config\SOFTWARE"
    reg.exe load HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\WIM_System "D:\DISM_Folders\mount\Windows\System32\config\SYSTEM"

pause

reg.exe import "D:\DISM_Folders\DISM_Temp\GRMCULXFREO_EN\ServicesTemplate.reg"

pause

reg.exe import "D:\DISM_Folders\DISM_Temp\GRMCULXFREO_EN\RegistryTweaks.reg"

pause

reg.exe import "D:\DISM_Folders\DISM_Temp\GRMCULXFREO_EN\GroupPolicyRegistry.reg"

pause

reg.exe import "D:\DISM_Folders\DISM_Temp\GRMCULXFREO_EN\ContextMenu.reg"

pause

reg.exe unload HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\WIM_Default
    reg.exe unload HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\WIM_Software
    reg.exe unload HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\WIM_System

pause

"C:\Program Files\WindowsResources\Windows OPK\Tools\amd64\Servicing\Dism.exe" /unmount-wim /mountdir:"D:\DISM_Folders\mount" /commit
    REM "C:\Program Files\WindowsResources\Windows OPK\Tools\amd64\Servicing\Dism.exe" /unmount-wim /mountdir:"D:\DISM_Folders\mount" /discard
    REM "C:\Program Files\WindowsResources\Windows OPK\Tools\amd64\oscdimg.exe" -u2 -m -o -lGRMCULXFREO_EN_DVD -b"D:\DISM_Folders\DISM_Temp\etfsboot.com" -yo"D:\DISM_Folders\DISM_Temp\bootorder.txt" "D:\GRMCULXFREO_EN" "C:\GRMCULXFREO_EN_DVD.iso"

pause

EXIT
    Of course you would have to change the paths, reg file names to yours; the commented lines are self explanatory-I just like to keep all in one place. The reg files would have to be modified according to the legend above before merging into wim hives. :)

9. tnx

tnx MDL Expert

Sep 2, 2008
    #49 tnx, Feb 12, 2011
    (OP)
    mmmmmmmmmmm urrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr hummmmmmmmmmmmmm...
    Well thanks for that mate. But to be honest i was getting confused before and that has just sent me gar gar...Not Lady Ga Ga though.....

Getting to the point where i will just do it manually...

10. RickSteele

RickSteele MDL Addicted

Nov 12, 2009
    #50 RickSteele, Feb 13, 2011
  11. tnx

tnx MDL Expert

Sep 2, 2008
    @Ricksteele...

Hi mate thanks for that.I downloaded WAIK for Windows 7 quite some time ago. You say i must have the latest version so i recon i will go get the very latest one out there.
    You say this is really easy. To be honest it dont read that way. But what i am gunna do is get the latest WAIK for W7. I am gunna print off all you have written,then i will read it,read it again and again and again.Till it starts to sink in. And i will follow it to the letter and see what happens. Hopefully something will click into place.

Regarding Notepad2. I actually was looking at this earlier. i was trying to find info on what i want to do and found somebody on about Notepad2 and how better it is for scripting. All the syntax ( hope thats the right word ) was in different colours. easier to read ! So i grabbed it to look at.

What i have been doing so far is just to add commands and .reg files to certain folders to install automaticly.

if i understand what your on about is to directly alter the core of WIM to make alterations to the registry. Is this right ?

Cheers...

12. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  13. RickSteele

RickSteele MDL Addicted

Nov 12, 2009
    #54 RickSteele, Feb 13, 2011
    Yes, by latest version I mean that WAIK for Windows 7. If you have the Windows 7 OPK installed you are good to go. After running

Code:
    CLS

@echo off

"C:\Program Files\WindowsResources\Windows OPK\Tools\amd64\Servicing\Dism.exe" /mount-wim /wimfile:"D:\GRMCULXFREO_EN\sources\install.wim" /index:4 /mountdir:"D:\DISM_Folders\mount"

pause

reg.exe load HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\WIM_Default "D:\DISM_Folders\mount\Users\Default\NTUSER.DAT"
    reg.exe load HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\WIM_Software "D:\DISM_Folders\mount\Windows\System32\config\SOFTWARE"
    reg.exe load HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\WIM_System "D:\DISM_Folders\mount\Windows\System32\config\SYSTEM"

pause

leave the command window open and run regedit. You can actually navigate to the wim hives in HKLM (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\WIM_Default, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\WIM_Software, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\WIM_System) and manually modify them right there. Also, at this point in the batch you can close the cmd window leaving the wim mounted to do whatever, add more lines to the batch, change some reg tweaks etc. Upon rerunning the batch to perform the rest of the operations just comment out the above because the wim and it's hives are already mounted. Again, that is why I left so many pauses in the cmd; it keeps as many options as possible open before committing any changes. Notepad++ is very good too, but, I use EmeditPro for anything Notepad2 isn't good for; which is precious little anymore. Further, Notepad2 is a more efficient app and I use it as a notepad replacement-much more suited for this in my opinion, but, each to their own...one person's poison is anothers...and so on. :)

14. tnx

tnx MDL Expert

Sep 2, 2008
    Hi searhengine..

I just tried to PM you but you must have this disabled ?
    Any way I was just wondering if you had some further info for me on this matter. I still have not got the "disable animations" during the install working. The "remove shortcut arrows" works like a charm though.
    If you aint got any more info dont worry,I will let this go.

Cheers mate..

15. Enigma256

Enigma256 MDL Senior Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Depends on what you like. I personally will take NP2 over NP++ any day.

16. RickSteele

RickSteele MDL Addicted

Nov 12, 2009
    A while back I attempted to predefine Visual Effects in a reg file and succeeded, but, it all went south as soon as I installed the graphics drivers for my video card. Contrary to popular belief all the Visual Effects settings for Windows 7 are in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\VisualEffects and DWM, not HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\VisualEffects which, if I understand correctly, is there for upgrade compatability.
    the DWord (32-bit) values to look at are
    CheckedValue
    DefaultValue
    UncheckedValue
    the one to change is
    DefaultValue

All the Visual Effects were as I normally set them after a fresh install, but, after installing the video drivers I could no longer do anything with Aero Peek and one other parameter that escapes me now-I forget.....my experience anyways. :)

17. tnx

tnx MDL Expert

Sep 2, 2008
    #59 tnx, Feb 17, 2011
    (OP)
  18. searchengine

searchengine Guest