COD4 I know I know

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by bdearen, Oct 18, 2009.

1. bdearen

bdearen MDL Junior Member

Oct 3, 2009
    So I know guys this has been discussed alot but has anyone got COD4 to work on the latest 7600 64bit RTM Win7. I have tried EVERY fix/services ect... compatibility modes ect.. But the same thing happens I get disconnected from every server as soon as I get loaded in. I pick a team and it says server disconnect and I get disconnected any ideas?

2. grinzekatze

grinzekatze MDL Novice

Aug 8, 2009
    i got also rtm 7600 64bit i7. it's often punkbuster. Download Punkbuster, update it and the gameserver. Than it must work.

But I got another Problem with COD5. I get often a freeze. Picture is freezing and i get the same sound, like brbrbrbrbbrbrbrbrb. Sometimes a bluescreen, that told there's a problem with my i7, core 2.
    The crazy thing is, it is not everey time. sometimes i can play two hours, sometimes after a few minutes. mmH?

3. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    #4 Dolorous Edd, Oct 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. DocMock

DocMock MDL Novice

Oct 11, 2009
    Same here. Re-installed CoD 4 after switching to Win 7. It comes with an outdated version of Punkbuster out-of-the-box which causes disconnects from servers.

Updated to newest version and everything runs fine again.

P.S.: Installed Punkbuster directly in the /PB/ directory of CoD 4. No problem at all.

6. twiz

twiz MDL Senior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Age has nothing to do with your hardware being bad... I bought hardware that came DOA, and my last video card worked but had bad RAM which would cause problems with games --- under Vista, but I never saw it happen under XP. It wasn't Vista that was the problem, it was the different way that memory was being handled/used that caused the problem to pop up.

But if you don't want to check your hardware, fine.

7. grinzekatze

grinzekatze MDL Novice

Aug 8, 2009
    i do it now with burnintest pro 64bit and it says everything is ok!

so, should i do also memtest?

8. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    Hey dude. Most likely as bad as it sounds it is probably a problem with your CPU directly. In most cases when you get the blue screens they are pretty on target with what they say is the problem dude. Unless it is a hardware issue it is probably your CPU triggering the message itself. I would first try blowing the dust out of the case and see if that helps. Try the game again. If it still is not helping then take your CPU out of the motherboard, reseat it and apply CPU thermal grease on the CPU then place it back in and see what happens. Sometimes the grease fails to keep the CPU cool so it could be overheating. If still no luck then you may need to get your computer services or buy a new CPU. Have you noticed this same problem with any other app like another game other then COD? If not then it is probably a driver/software issue. I hope this helps you out dude. :)

9. grinzekatze

grinzekatze MDL Novice

Aug 8, 2009
    oh it´s not the dust. it´s really clean and i got watercooling. my cores never get 54 celcius, even my graka also. it´s not the temperature.

the thing is, it´s only at htis game. cause of that i was thinking it must be the game or win7

10. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    #12 sam3971, Oct 18, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2009
    IDK COD 5 Works for me. I have to download it but I can see if COD 4 works for me on Win7 Enterprise. If it works for me and you are not having a heat issue then it is probably either a hardware or driver issue man. It could be possible that COD 4 just does not like win7 as well though(although highly unlikely) One other question I need to ask, did you update Direct X 9 yet? I know win7 has Direct X 11 but you still need Direct X 9 libraries to play most games. Let me know if this helps. The last thing I can think of is maybe your CPU is dying entirely but I doubt it unless you overclocked it they normally last quite some time. I have a P4 in my sisters pc that is 3 years old and still kicking strong and that is with a fan btw. :) Everyone is saying that it could either be a sound driver issue, a video driver issue, or a power supply issue man. I dont know if or how this can help you but did the game work on your pc ok in the past? Check the event logs too for errors that correspond to the time of the crash. This can greatly help you figure this out. To view them go to Control Panal->Admin Tools->Event Logs. You may need to select the control panal icon view to large icons if they are catagorized. Once you find a error in the logs that correspond to the time of the crash post it here and I can see what I can do.

11. grinzekatze

grinzekatze MDL Novice

Aug 8, 2009
    #13 grinzekatze, Oct 18, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2009

i got a german version. how does the admin tools look like? i can´t find something sound in german translatet like admin tools

edit: ok i found it, now i have to play till i get a bluescreen ... or can i found the logs with my bluescreen?

12. HSChronic

HSChronic MDL Expert

Aug 25, 2007
    it is probably the game and/or your sound/video drivers like people said. If the game keeps crashing then it is probably sound try to run the game in a compatibility mode.

13. grinzekatze

grinzekatze MDL Novice

Aug 8, 2009
    i solved my problem

i think i solved my problem.
    first my system ( the bios settings were the problem)
    asus pt6 deluxe, i7 920 with 3*2GB DDR3 RAM 1333 with Win 7 64bit.

My Cod5 get always a freeze. After searching and searching i found out that i7 and my board use my ram as 1066 and not as 1333. This seams to be normal with i7 Cores. You have to correct it manually.
    After i change my settings in the bios from 1066 to 1333, i don't get a freeze.
    And i make the volt from 1,5 to 1,6 to my ram ( Corsair ).

I thing this was the problem. Win 7 got Problem with the Handling of ram. When you change the settings in your bios it must be better.

I hope i could help somebody with this, i was really pist of with my cod5

chears bros