Cogito ergo sum. Descartes famous words. What do they actually mean to us?

Discussion in 'Serious Discussion' started by SOCRATE_MMXII, Aug 30, 2012.

1. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    It's more Human, though, to try to control yourself in such situations... Otherwise known as "being civilised"...

Or you have a better solution? Like "let it rip, kill 'em all"?!?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. case-sensitive

case-sensitive MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2013
    Wow thats cheep . Cheep and nasty commercial esoterics .

I was doing that in the middle 80s and theres nothing mystical or secret about it ............ its just a method of relaxation ...... and a sure sign of esoteric fraud is the length and the pseudo scientific style of presentation .

Wheres the meat ? Wheres the hidden / secret truthes and knowledge ? Why doesnt it say it directly ? Why is it buryed in 58 minutes of blah blah ?

4. case-sensitive

Nov 7, 2013
    No takers ?

I'm dissapointed .

Did noone watch it ? Or are we naive and believed it without any thinking ? Or is it that people are friightened to say that s**t is s**t ?

Theres no such thing as astral projection ........... or holographic universe .......... or out of body experience ......... or extra sensory perception .

We understand thats why humanity is dieing . Shiortly before extinction . On a planet that will shortly be the same as mars = DEAD .

Because YOU acepted everything , Because YOU didnt say anything . Because YOU didnt think . Because YOU played the game being politicaly correct , doing ' The right thing ' , being ' Positive ' and smileing = POLITICALY UNCORRECT ......... instead of complaining . Instead of demanding that something be done . Instead of demanding realism .

This thread should be renamed I DIDNT THINK THERFORE I WILL DIE .

5. amajmon

amajmon MDL Senior Member

Sep 21, 2012
    You will die thinking or without thinking. So, why so much fuss about it?

6. case-sensitive

Nov 7, 2013
    if i loose i loose ............ and if my only choice is to die on my feet and not on my knies i'll die standing up protesting being honest . I refuse to die or watch anyone else or anything else die ......... be murdered by capitalists and their poly-tricker front men / henchmen without a fight .

7. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    Elite is gonna win.
    You are gonna lose and die, and me and the vast majority. Elite is working hard since many years to ensure it happens. Trust me.
    Elite is going to survive in a renewed clean planet earth.

8. case-sensitive

Nov 7, 2013
    #548 case-sensitive, Aug 2, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2022
    Quomodo ? In a mortuis tellure, cum non servi ?

9. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    :laie:
    Now you are writing rubbish in Latin.