Coloring The Console

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by Compo, Aug 4, 2014.

1. Compo

Compo MDL Member

Mar 29, 2011
    #1 Compo, Aug 4, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2014
    Some time ago, the Leader of one of MDL's Projects asked for help with some batch code for coloring their Command Prompt Window. (I will not mention her name since she'll try to take credit for it and make me a member of Her staff).
    Things transpired which meant that the coding was not used, so I'm posting it here as a self contained script for those who wish to use it.

[​IMG]

Here it is in a zip file, it is designed to work with Windows 7+ but may work in Vista too, (The limiting factor being choice.exe). Extract and double click it to run.
    View attachment ColorCmd.zip
    After running it and finalizing on your scheme all new normally opened cmd.exe windows will use your chosen colors.

Please do not try to alter this script in any way and then ask for help, and if you do use it elsewhere please be respectful and credit me accordingly.

Thank you and enjoy!

2. llGoogolpleXll

llGoogolpleXll MDL Novice

Feb 11, 2014
    Did you know this can be done trough command prompts properties?
    cmd-colors.png

3. sunilk

sunilk MDL Member

May 15, 2014
    It's an old trick but thanks for revitalizing it :hug2:

4. Compo

Compo MDL Member

Mar 29, 2011
    Yes I was fully aware of that fact! Did you know that batch files and the console are an alternative to the standard GUI?

5. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    #5 timesurfer, Sep 3, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2014
    Uh oh, someone else want's credit again for an idea they did not come up with :rolleyes:...lol

I guess this is called hijacking but it's not the first time I've suffered this type of jealous, backstabbing, sadistic attacking of my original ideas

so...

if you want to give credit for the original idea, that Humphrey helped me code for the "absolutely free" benefit of cmd line enthusiasts, by all means do not credit this thief just because he saw my idea coded by Humphrey

Did this guy come up an original way to delete a folder within it's own directory via batch file?

The simple answer is no, nor has he given us any original ideas and want full 100% credit :eek:...lol...yet he develops nothing here and discourages all real MDL developers from creating solutions to allow MS OS enthusiasts from testing MS products prior to purchase because he has "ethics" that imply that creating original MDL solutions is bad :(

STOP HIJACKING MDL ORIGINAL IDEA CREATORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any MDL mods/admin want to correct this hijackers continual theft and invalidation of MDL original solution/idea creators?

Be my guest :eek:

All the proof is in the Rearm Wizard Archives.

Does MDL support original ideas or theft of those ideas?

Does MDL still have soul or has it become what ails it?

Let's find out ;)

Here is my original not stolen idea that myself and others help give cmd line enthusiasts a way to set cmd console in any color

timesurfer's original idea with the help of Humphrey and "Other guy" to be referenced momentarily :)Color Customization via batch file

:shisha:

6. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    Didn't help it seems ... :cool2:.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Compo

Compo MDL Member

Mar 29, 2011
    Short memory?
    Try making your mind up!