combine windows 7 installer with vista? driver signing during install?

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by kronflux, Nov 29, 2011.

1. kronflux

kronflux MDL Member

May 11, 2011
    #1 kronflux, Nov 29, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2011
    I highly doubt it, but would it be possible to use the windows 7 installer with a windows vista WIM file, plus the windows vista CLG files?
    it would be nice to be able to select which version of vista to install, without having to go through canceling the product key section.
    Also, is there a way that one can disable driver signing during the install process? I made a disk a while back with network drivers(because to this day, I think I've encountered one laptop that vista actually had a network driver for) added to it, but you have to keep clicking allow.

EDIT: (tried it just straight up the way I said, out of curiosity. Boots the windows 7 installer, but doesn't recognize the install.wim file. Assuming it does some kind of hash check or something on it?)

2. ambidav

ambidav MDL Guru

May 14, 2008
    I wouldn't know anything about driver signing! But! I know that if you place this PID.TXT file into the sources directory of the original vista iso it will let you install any edition of vista without asking for a product key during setup!! It's vista business Volume:GVLK key but seems to work :)

Attached Files:

• PID.TXT
      File size:
      41 bytes
      Views:
  3. kronflux

kronflux MDL Member

May 11, 2011
    hm. I might try that. I'd rather still be asked for a license key. but I'd rather be able to select the version first. When I burn off a dvd with all the CLG files for each version, and enter a key, it always installs ultimate for some reason. The only way I can get it to install the correct version is when it says to enter a product key, press cancel, or "not now" or something, and then it brings you to the screen to select which version to install. after -that- you can insert the correct product key after installing.

I'd rather have a disk like windows 7, where it asks beforehand what version I want to install, and then asks for a product key for the appropriate selected version.

also, I figured the combination idea would not only allow -that- but it would also allow drivers to be added without that annoying unsigned driver crap.