Comodo Internet Security v7 Beta

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by sid_16, Feb 2, 2014.

1. sid_16

sid_16 MDL Giveaway Organiser

Oct 15, 2011
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Weedy

Weedy MDL Member

Mar 9, 2011
    Be wary of this... I installed, it ran fine for about half hour, then all .exe's stopped working and the computer would BSOD after 30 seconds on the desktop.

Had to delete all comodo files and registry entries manually before I could get windows back to a workable state.

3. potjevleesch

potjevleesch MDL Addicted

Aug 7, 2010
    it's a beta, don't complain....

4. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    Bull pucky, any beta that would kill ALL exe's in a system shouldn't even be called an ALPHA, I WILL complain or would if I was to install it and have it eat a system lol

5. Weedy

Weedy MDL Member

Mar 9, 2011
    #6 Weedy, Feb 6, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
    I'm not complaining... I fully understood that a beta program had the potential to mess things up. I was just a little miffed that I had to delete everything manually with hirens, and then trawl through the registry deleting all the comodo stuff. Even after that, I had to uninstall and reinstall my network drivers as they were all messed up too.

If anyone is interested, the BSOD I was getting was 0xc000021a, which occurred at the same time as the following services crashed...

-Background Tasks Infrastructure Service
    -DCOM Server process launcher
    -Local Session Manager
    -Plug and Play service
    -Power service
    -System Events broker service.

I don't know if those are related to the bsod, but they happened at the same time as the bsod. Also, before the BSOD in windows, I would briefly get a pop up stating something about a Mimo error? Didn't get chance to read it fully before the crash.

In the short time before the crash whenever I tried to load a program or when anything in the system tray tried to start, I would get an error about missing files or no permissions.

6. Weedy

Weedy MDL Member

Mar 9, 2011
    Right guys, I've figured out what is causing this to mess up. Believe it or not, it is Auto KMS from the mtk by cody. I'm guessing it's something to do with the injection method.

7. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    freaky lol