compability issues with win7 64 bit?

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by kkffiirr, Oct 25, 2009.

1. kkffiirr

kkffiirr MDL Junior Member

Aug 24, 2009
    #1 kkffiirr, Oct 25, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2009
    hello, i have certain problems with some programs,
    today i tried to install ashampoo burning studio 9.20 which should be compatible with 7 64 bit, when i try to run it, i see the splash screen for a second, and then everything disapper, i can only see a process in the processes list, but nothing....

i also tried to install corel paint shop pro ultimate 12 it couldn't finish the installation process... it looked installed, but the program also didn't work, not even a splash screen.

i couldn't find any documention of those programs in the internet....

could it be a local problem?

edit: i found that in order to run ashampoo burning studio, i have to activate "Server" service. corel paint shop pro dosen't work though.

2. tum0r

tum0r MDL Novice

Aug 26, 2009
    Install XP Mode. Then install Paint Shop Pro in the VM. You'll find it in your start menu under Windows Virtual PC>Windows XP Mode Applications>.

3. tinbin

tinbin MDL Novice

Jul 15, 2009
    i have
    ashampoo burning studio 9.20
    corel paint shop pro ultimate 12

install on win 7 64bit and working 100% no probs here....

4. dragonaf

dragonaf MDL Novice

Oct 26, 2009
    compatibility issues with win7 64 bits

I found out that a couple of programs I installed would not run normally unless I right click on the desktop shortcut and choose to run as administrator
    everything runs good.

5. Shaun1982

Shaun1982 MDL Novice

Nov 19, 2009

There is an optional patch realsed from windows update that resloves some of these issues, did you try that?

6. KHdV

KHdV MDL Novice

Aug 25, 2009
    I have no problem with ashampoo burning studio 9.20 on my windows 7 64 bit system.

Have you installed all the updates??