compaq 1501

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by Frisco1234, Jul 26, 2012.

1. Frisco1234

Frisco1234 MDL Novice

Jul 18, 2012
    I have a 1501 compaq that is dead. was working fine then turned on and power light and nothing else. I figured maybe bios problem. I tried the crisdisk with phlash 1.6 on 1 gig usb stick and got the flashable.rom from compaq. only one they have up. I renamed flashabl.rom to bios.wph like sites say. I hole end key power on and it starts beeping for a minute or 2 like the sites says it should. when it stops beeping it seems to restart but is still dead. Is there anything else i can do? I tired an external monitor to be sure screen not bad but it dosent work. It dosent try to load off hdd. tested memory and hdd. they ok. It seems to be bios problem. any suggestions.

Frisco1234

2. abbs2002

abbs2002 MDL Junior Member

Jun 3, 2012
    Well if your pc start with power light on can’t be dead, if it does start with black screen maybe the screen or the screen cable is faulty or even a ram can be faulty, the bios doesn’t always has to be at fault, diagnose the fault by connecting an external monitor check the ram first before you make it worst mate, also check the button that switch the screen off.