Compaq Presario v5000 BIOs Recovery.

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by MAReames, Feb 11, 2008.

1. MAReames

MAReames MDL Novice

Dec 29, 2007
    Well I trired to update my BIOs but the update crashed and bricked my notebook. I know that it uses Pheniox BIOS and that you can recover it from a USB floppy drive but I can't seem to get it to work. It reads from the floppy like it should but the notebook never returns back to normal.

2. Sn00p

Sn00p MDL Novice

Jan 11, 2008
    #2 Sn00p, Feb 12, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2008
    Compaq Presario usualy don't use the same bios as the board manufacturer. I have ami bios and it's not supportet by ami or asus beacose compaq usualy demands custom bioses (to prevent overclocking and things like that). So go to the compaq product side and download the bios from there if you diden't cos all the other bios upgrades won't help.

if that dont help try clering the cmos....

3. MAReames

MAReames MDL Novice

Dec 29, 2007
    My question is aobut the Phenoix BIOs recovery disk. I flashed it with a moded BIOs from this site but I used the Winphlash and it locked up. So it never completed the flash. So I put the offical BIOs on a floppy and I am trying to get it to recover useing hte Phenoix Crisis Recovery Utlity built into al Phoenix BIOs.

4. tek11

tek11 MDL Novice

Sep 24, 2010
    I know this is an old thread, but I have the same problem. Did you ever find a resolution? I can read the crisis disk, and it beeps a lot, but never restarts, and when I restart it, still dead.