Complete OS (Windows, Linux...) on Cloudserver?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by C0der, Nov 13, 2013.

?

What do you think about the idea with cloud OS?

Poll closed Nov 13, 2014.
  1. Very good idea, i would use it every day!

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  2. Good idea, but where are the benefits?

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  3. No, that does not sounds good

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  4. A fully Cloud OS is unnecessary

7 vote(s)
    63.6%
  5. Other opinion, please post

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. C0der

C0der MDL Novice

Aug 31, 2009
    Hello,

this is a poll to vote, which opinions do you have to host you own completely OS like Windows oder Linux on Cloudserver?

For example: You start your personal computer oder laptop at home and you does not work with the installed OS on the device, you connect via remote desktop to your cloud OS and works with that. So you have always the same OS, even if you have two or three personal computer oder latops at home
    and your local USB devices such as USB-stick oder something else, could be fully connected to the cloud OS and you could work with them, as they are directly connected to the cloud OS server.

Do you like this idea?

2. msr

msr MDL Senior Member

Dec 27, 2007
    I can understand some devices may be good at cloud, like online gaming, where you stream it all.

But my home computers i rather have an os that is complete and offline from net, with no cloud.

But i understand why some things will go cloud, but the only one really i can see me using would be a stream service for gaming or something, where you just switch on and you stream what ever game you want.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    And when a storm knocks out your internet you can sit and watch your useless screen and quietly cry yourself to sleep. :eek:
    Cloud OS is stupid maybe it will work for the Library but not your personal PC.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Paiva

Paiva MDL Developer

Apr 9, 2011
    I do not keep documents in the cloud,
    Imagine saving an entire system?

I prefer to rely on my HD :biggrin:

5. andreycobra

andreycobra MDL Novice

Dec 4, 2013
    This idea is crazyyy:yeahyeah:. But i love it.. It`s the new generation OS:)

6. Jammin

Jammin MDL Novice

Dec 4, 2013
    The Bandwidth isn't quite there to make this work yet. Perhaps for word processing and office work (many office systems are setup exactly like this using terminal services) but I couldnt imagine doing things like working with photos, gaming etc.

Funny how this is how computers worked in the seventies .... dumb terminals ... everything old is new again!