Connectors

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by Notnamed, Apr 27, 2013.

1. Notnamed

Notnamed MDL Novice

Apr 27, 2013
    #1 Notnamed, Apr 27, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2013
    I'm kinda new to building computers... I want to hook up a new hard drive I got to my computer, but the only spare power cable I have around is one with 15 pins on one end which fit perfectly on the hard drive and 4 male pins on the other end, which the I can't fit to some female 4 pin connectors I have that were already connected to the PSU on this computer I got as a gift. I'm afraid to break them by pushing too hard, so I come here to ask if there's any chance I'm doing everything wrong?
    I'm not even sure if that would work, still afraid it could fry the hard drive. The case is really small and looks like a centimeter too narrow, how do I put the hard drive in without scratching the sides? This is apparently considered enough to void warranty, but it looks like the only way is to force the drive inside the array, which I did with old hard drives. In the mess that is the case I reckon that there's enough space for one hard drive at the top which I'm going to fill with the new one, with two other hard drives directly below it.

2. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Notnamed

Notnamed MDL Novice

Apr 27, 2013
    Sorry, can't post links.

In case google shows us different images or a different order.

qvsdotcom/images/sata-powerjpg < My spare.
    satacablesdotcom/sata-power-Y-adapter-cablejpg < The free ones I found inside the case connected to the PSU.

I assume by the file names they are the right combination, correct?

4. Mutagen

Mutagen MDL Addicted

Feb 18, 2013

5. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...