[Contest 10 licenses] WinRAR V.5.20 Latest!

Discussion in 'Giveaways and Contests' started by sid_16, Jan 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sid_16

sid_16 MDL Giveaway Organiser

Oct 15, 2011
    #1 sid_16, Jan 1, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2015
    [​IMG]
    1st. I would like to thank Ms. Angela Weiske of WinRAR Marketing Team for giving me the opportunity to hold a 10 licenses of WinRAR contest here at MDL worth ($33.35 each).

The WinRAR Version 5.20 reviewed by Mr.X can be read here .

The final version of WinRAR 5.20 is ready for download!

New feature improvements for Windows User Account Control and further enhancements in usability and compatibility in the new version.
    Berlin, 2nd December 2014 – win.rar GmbH and RARLAB.COM are pleased to announce the final release of WinRAR 5.20. The main focus for the new release has been on usability and compatibility improvements, offering the customer the best solution to archive, compress and secure their personal data.

"By providing regular updates, we are achieving high compatibility, up-to-dateness, stability and liability of our software. With the latest version we have further improved the general handling of WinRAR and the usability of alternative archiving formats", says Öncül Kaya, Managing Director of win.rar GmbH.

Enhanced Usability

A completely new feature allows using the WinRAR.ini file instead of the registry to store WinRAR settings. This will be extremely helpful if users want to install WinRAR to removable media, such as a USB flash drive in order to run it on different computers. Detailed information can be found within the WinRAR help section at "Configuration settings"/"WinRAR.ini file".

Furthermore, the "Open with WinRAR" command is now available within Windows context menus for all archive formats supported by WinRAR. It can be turned off with the "Open with WinRAR (for usual archives)" option in the WinRAR "Settings/Integration/Context menu items..." dialogue.

The latest version of WinRAR 5.20 offers the possibility to drag files within Explorer with your right mouse button, drop them to a folder and select WinRAR archiving commands inside context menu to create an archive with these files in the destination folders. This feature helps users to compress and secure files .

WinRAR has been better adapted for Windows User Account Control (UAC). If Windows User Account Control prevents extracting or archiving commands to create files in system protected folders, WinRAR attempts to start another copy with administrator privileges to complete the operation.

Enhanced Compatibility

In addition to the RAR-format, WinRAR also supports many other archiving formats, giving the user the utmost flexibility to work with different formats. XZ compression algorithm has been added to extraction support of ZIP and ZIPX archives to ensure enhanced compatibility.
    All information on the improvements of WinRAR 5.20 can be found here: http://www.win-rar.com/whatsnew.html.

A useful tip for all Windows-64-bit users: It is highly recommended to install the WinRAR 64-bit version. It is faster and offers the best available integration. WinRAR’s compression speed in Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 and on any multi-core-system has been increased considerably.

WinRAR 5.20 32-bit can be downloaded at: http://www.win-rar.com/fileadmin/winrar-versions/winrar/wrar520.exe

WinRAR 5.20 64-bit can be downloaded at: http://win-rar.com/fileadmin/winrar-versions/winrar/winrar-x64-520.exe

WinRAR is available in more than 40 different languages and is compatible with Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and 8.1. For all Android users the RAR for Android App is available on Google Play. The command line version of WinRAR is also available for Linux, FreeBSD and MAC OS X.

About WinRAR:
    WinRAR is the 32-bit and 64-bit Windows version of the RAR Archiver, the powerful archiver and archive manager. RAR files can, in most cases, compress content up to 30 percent more effectively than ZIP files. The most notable functions of WinRAR include very powerful document and multimedia file compression, file encryption, processing of other archive formats, programmable self-extracting (SFX) archives, damaged archive repair and Unicode support.

About win.rar GmbH:

win.rar GmbH has been the official distributor of WinRAR and RARLAB products since February 2002 and handles all support, marketing and sales functions related to WinRAR & RARLAB.COM. win.rar GmbH is registered in Germany and is represented worldwide by local partners in more than 70 countries on six continents. win.rar’s declared objective is to provide first-class quality support and to optimize its software to meet customer’s requirements in accordance with their valued feedback.

For more information about WinRAR and win.rar GmbH please visit our website at http://www.win-rar.com

Winners will receive a license for the latest version of WinRAR which is 5.20, this does not include future upgrades to newer versions although you can use version 5.20 as long as you wish.

If you enter this giveaway, please consider liking the Facebook page- Giveaway with My Digital Life Forum: http://no_short_urls_allowed/1s8vepJ

Final details

• To enter in this contest one should be a member here with at least 50 posts count and spent 6 months here.
    • Before entering in to this contest please read the rules carefully.
    • One post per one user is allowed.
    • Please avoid posting here if you don't need it.
    • The contestant/s are requested to note down the start and end date of this contest to avoid future inconvenience.
    • The contest time span is 15 days (05th. Jan. to 19th. Jan. 2015. ). The winners will be announced on 20th Jan.2015.
    • WinRAR will need the following data in order to create the personalized licenses of the winner/s:
      Registered to:
      Last Name:
      First Name:
      Company: (optional)
      Street:
      City:
      E-Mail:
    • The winner selection will be random and unbiased thru RANDOM.ORG.
    • The winner will respond to the winning PM with details as posted above within 3 days or the new winner will be chosen from the list

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Wishing you all a very happy and prosperous New Year 2015.
    MODS. Note; Please make this thread sticky.

Thanks and Regards,
    Sid_16.

[​IMG]

Here is the 10 winners of WinRAR.
    [​IMG]

All the winners you've 3days (72 hours) to reply the winning PM with all your details or I'll the pick next winner/s from the lists.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    #2 Tito, Jan 2, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2015
    Thread will be re-opened on 5th.

Re-opened due to OP's request.

3. Threat

Threat Lord of the Files

Feb 23, 2014
    Count me in.

4. Techiekid

Techiekid MDL Member

Nov 3, 2009
  5. scobar

scobar MDL Novice

Dec 25, 2014
    Sure why not

6. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    I dont think I have enough posts, but Ill try to get in too :spoton:

7. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    :biggrin3: :animatedfear:

8. oliverjia

oliverjia MDL Addicted

Mar 1, 2008
    count me in, thanks.

9. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    Wait!!! lol
    He is not giving licenses to anyone who can reply this thread, no, it's a contest... :animatedfear:

10. 2!<15

2!<15 Guest

I would like to contest for one license too please.

11. dudeluv

dudeluv MDL Senior Member

Aug 7, 2012
    I too would like too enter this contest

12. Mustafa Can

Mustafa Can MDL Member

Jul 6, 2011
    Count me in! I always wanted a WinRAR license, stupid trial notification.

13. zen45

zen45 MDL Addicted

Feb 25, 2010
    count me in, thank you very much :)

14. OldMX

OldMX MDL Addicted

Jul 30, 2009
    Count me in!

15. muggles

muggles MDL Novice

Oct 29, 2013
    Please count me in as well.

16. venu

venu MDL Addicted

Oct 16, 2009
    Pl. count me in.

17. LastWords

LastWords MDL Member

Aug 29, 2013
    I am interested too.. atleast this will minus one software from my pirate search list...:biggrin:

18. djquick

djquick MDL Novice

Dec 15, 2013
    Count me in:D

19. egroups_megapics

egroups_megapics MDL Member

Aug 12, 2009
    count me in ..

watching the notifications ...

20. cengizhan

cengizhan MDL Senior Member

Jul 29, 2009