Control Panel R.I.P.

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by titian, Oct 5, 2015.

1. SOCRATE_MMXII

SOCRATE_MMXII MDL Expert

Jan 25, 2012
    And because MS decided to go for Windows-as-a-service thingy, this means the screwing up will be an on-going saga and more and more users will revert back to Win7SP1 or Win8.1.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Engineer2k2

Engineer2k2 MDL Member

Jun 21, 2012

Either revert back

or

May be M$ will come up with some kind of a new PAID upgrade after 29 July 2016 specially for those with privacy concern and do not want it as service just the way they have declared that they will remove telemetry from Enterprise edition after Oct this year.

Those with FREE upgrade scheme will get stuck to the Windows-as-a-service model unless they pay to get rid of screwing.:p

3. SOCRATE_MMXII

SOCRATE_MMXII MDL Expert

Jan 25, 2012
    I highly doubt it MS will remove telemetry.MS will just try to hide it better, next time. :laie:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. dhjohns

dhjohns MDL Guru

Sep 5, 2013
    Microsoft is not going to remove telemetry. Windows 10 is basically a cloud based OS, and because of this we have many interesting, and exciting features to use. They are not going to remove the internet from Windows 10, and rightfully so.

5. RanCorX2

RanCorX2 MDL Addicted

Jul 19, 2009
    i like the old cpl so no upgrade for me as i despise the metro ui.

6. SOCRATE_MMXII

SOCRATE_MMXII MDL Expert

Jan 25, 2012
    What's the internet to do with telemetry? :laie:
    I don't know if you were around in 1993 when www was invented, but telemetry is not the base of internet.
    If you're one of those folks who has a fb account and posts there even when he farts, good for you. But I'm one of the other folks who don't want my privacy to be...public.

P.S. Happy farting.

7. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    hm. we are supposed to be nice to each other, ancestor [v] said.. ;)
    and stay on topic too, even... it just gets harder when members are still
    nice to m$ too, i guess... even now.. i really started to wonder how many members
    here are on m$`payroll, ever since this telemetry issue broke loose... :g:

8. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    always wonder what that [V] means :rolleyes:

9. dhjohns

dhjohns MDL Guru

Sep 5, 2013
    LOL, I was around in the Bulletin Board days. Privacy is often misunderstood, and when it is understood, it is often overrated.

P.S. The World Wide Web was invented in 1989!

10. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    try his first name.. ;)

11. T-S

T-S MDL Guru

Dec 14, 2012

Thanks god that's not yet 100% true.

Thje essence of PERSONAL computing was (and still is) the total control over the PERSONAL data.

Now the big corporations (sadly some of the names who made the PERSONAL computing widespread, like Apple and MS) are trying to get us back in a condition where the personal data is stored on their servers, like in 1950.

Hardly that can be called evolution, surely isn't an improvement.

12. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    i suspect that they will, for a price.. look what they did with ad-free accessories..
    this whole `free`-thing is just a ticking time-bomb.. wait till the one-year anniversary
    of w10.. and see if it is still free, by then..

13. SOCRATE_MMXII

SOCRATE_MMXII MDL Expert

Jan 25, 2012
    Good. This shows you're a MS-paid troll. This being said, ever heard of Windows Azure? That's the MS cloud OS.

P.S. Mods, please ban this guy...we don't need another neowin clone forum.

14. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009

aaaah like Desmond [P] , no?:g:

15. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    quite! in this case v.. ;)

16. Nucleus

Nucleus MDL Guru

Aug 4, 2009
    #56 Nucleus, Oct 7, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
    I don't understand? Why can't you be courteous to someone because they have a different opinion to you? It's been sad to see this so much around the forum, ppl repeatedly called "MS Fanboy" etc because they don't share the opinion of some of the anti Win 10 brigade. More so it's been disgraceful to see them referred to as a "retard" or whole groups as "retards" simply because they use Windows and some of the anti crowd may disagree.

No, I think you're wrong friend. Anyone can still be nice to anyone - even when they have a different opinion about Windows.

:offtopic:

17. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    i do not want to be rude to anyone. may i remind you that i never referred to people as retards, or something?
    and i never will, too.. for i do not approve of disrespect. but i do happen to have a different opinion of what m$ is
    doing.. and i do not mind if you are nice to me at all, nucleus, as i am to you...

18. SOCRATE_MMXII

SOCRATE_MMXII MDL Expert

Jan 25, 2012
    It's one thing to like one OS or another and is another thing to repeat over&over how great 10 is, ignoring the obvious flaws. The MS-fanboy above has the same attitude on another forum, which happens I go from time to time and guess what? He has the same behavior. What does this tell anyone?

19. Nucleus

Nucleus MDL Guru

Aug 4, 2009
    What person above, what MS fanboy mate? :g:

20. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012

That he is consecuent in his opinion ;)