Convert Windows Home Server PP3 Trial to OEM?

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by ZaForD, Jan 19, 2010.

1. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    Only "Hewlett-Packard" string is added..the F000,0000,FFFF is simply the valid address offset for bios (if you were adding it manually).

You do not need the COMPAQ string at all, The USB tool should add the correct string.

Again, Hewlett-Packard is the string you need, not the address ranges.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. bumhead

bumhead MDL Novice

Aug 26, 2010
    Thats what I thought. I used the USBTool and it put the Hewlett-Packard string in for me. I have been using the revised guide.

Its a very strange error that doesnt seem to occurr very often. Mainly with XP. It will not allow me to login to the machine and only safemode gets me through to the desktop.

3. FreeStyler

FreeStyler MDL Guru

Jun 23, 2007
    Even without serial you should be able to login, u are using the real trial disc image and not a vlk image, right?

4. bumhead

bumhead MDL Novice

Aug 26, 2010
    I have just installed the untouched trial pp3 iso. It came back with an error stating that is was unable to configure storage Error: 80070003. Other people fixed this problem by restarting. It appears to have installed all the way through now. I believe it has something to do with installing from an IDE DVDROM onto a sata HD. So this may be the confounding problem I am facing with the previous error.

Could I just the the oembios changer on the trial?

5. FreeStyler

FreeStyler MDL Guru

Jun 23, 2007
    Sorry but as far as i can tell all this has nothing to do with activation, first try to install it without errors... might it possible you need to install SATA/RAID driver for you HDD?

6. bumhead

bumhead MDL Novice

Aug 26, 2010
    I think you are right. It is failing due to a strange hardware combination I have, which is affecting the rest of the install. Oh well.

7. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    WHS is based on Server 2003 only.
    So get XP driver for your HD controller, load it during install with F6

sebus

8. bumhead

bumhead MDL Novice

Aug 26, 2010
    Funnily enough the older VLK edition worked without any errors. Weird.

9. FreeStyler

FreeStyler MDL Guru

Jun 23, 2007
    Did you build that one yourself? If not, maybe someone added aditional drivers to it

10. illingworth22

illingworth22 MDL Novice

Aug 18, 2010
    I have just purchased a copy of WHS 2003 from fleabay and it has a genuine key, holograms and all seems to be OK. It dose however say not for re-sale on the box! Can this be installed onto my PC or do I need to do anything else?

P.S. I am a Novice! :)

11. FreeStyler

FreeStyler MDL Guru

Jun 23, 2007
    Just try it, if it activates OK you are fine using it, if not you might like to switch to OEM

12. pseudus

pseudus MDL Novice

Sep 7, 2010
    Clarification please.

I used Freestyler's quide to create an HP OEM install disc, but I am stuck at the last part. Where do I get the key from to activate. I have scoured these forums for a couple days now, and I apologize if I missed it, but I just don't get it. I greatly appreciate everyone's work on this stuff.

13. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    Are you too ******* to just click on the link?
    If you do you get it on the first hit

sebus

14. pseudus

pseudus MDL Novice

Sep 7, 2010
    Tired

I guess I was tired when I posted the first question. The key itself isn't the problem, it Activation that can't seem to get. I have tried several keys and they all come back unauthorized.

And thanks for being such a nice guy Sebus...

15. FreeStyler

FreeStyler MDL Guru

Jun 23, 2007
    These keys can not be activated online if thats what you have been trying, you need to install it and after reboot in combination with matching oembios files & existing SLP 1.0 String in BIOS it will auto-activate

16. pseudus

pseudus MDL Novice

Sep 7, 2010
    Thanks Freestyler

Thanks Freestyler! So I can I can assume if it does not auto-activate after the first reboot, then it did not work. Is there a way to tell if the SLP 1.0 string is in the BIOS? I guess I need to do more reading. I can tell you, I am not an expert by any stretch, but I have been around a long time and no OS has ever given me this much trouble...

Again, thanks for all your hard work Freestyler, hopefully I will get this figured out soon. I have reinstalled my WHS box at least 5 or 6 times now....

17. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    Anytime!, I am just tied of all you guys not even bothering to read & understand a little bit what you doing.
    What is the world coming to...?
    Everybody wants everything free & with single click, preferably right NOW, not doing any work at all on their own

sebus

18. pseudus

pseudus MDL Novice

Sep 7, 2010
    #79 pseudus, Sep 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    I knew what your problem was, but you mistake confusion for laziness. I have been battling WHS since before PP3, and there is a ton of conflicting and confusing information out there. After considerable research I was mistaken as to how it this method worked. No worries, no harm, no foul. I for one appreciate you guys who spend so much time on these boards, my RL doesn't permit it.

Anyway, on to the subject at hand. I think I understand whats up with this stuff. Apparently I have the following SLP strings in my BIOS:
    Code:
    F:Compaq OEMBIOS.CAT CRC=A5E32571
    F:Hewlett-Packard OEMBIOS.CAT CRC=00A1EECB
    F:Hewlett-Packard OEMBIOS.CAT CRC=06D652A4
    F:Hewlett-Packard OEMBIOS.CAT CRC=3BA155E1
    F:HP & Compaq OEMBIOS.CAT CRC=CD4E1902
    The trouble I am having now is finding the OEMBIOS files I need.

The link here ..forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/9795-The-Windows-XP-OEMBIOS-Archive isn't working. Apparently Mediafire's servers are down. Which leads me to my next couple questions.

1. Does anyone have the BIOS files I need? EDIT: Found the files, I must have missed the alternate source post in the same thread listed above. o_O
    2. Will they work in place of the ones listed in Freestyler's revised guide.
    3. (And don't yell sebus) Where the hell is a key that fits the "Key PID format 78495-OEM-4211965-XXXXX" Cause I found a bunch of others, but not that one.

Thanks!

19. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008