Convert Windows Home Server PP3 Trial to OEM?

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by ZaForD, Jan 19, 2010.

1. livinginswva

livinginswva MDL Member

Sep 5, 2010
    Hello, I am trying to install windows home server using oem activation. I believe my problem is that my slp string is incorrect for the oem bios files I am using. My computer is an old HP Pavillion The DMI boot cd tells me my string is HP Pavillion 05. When I try to tatoo it with the Hewitt-Packard string I get an error "Invalid level 2 write access request". I haven't found oem bios files to match my string. Any help would be appreciated.

2. livinginswva

livinginswva MDL Member

Sep 5, 2010
    I was afraid of that. I activated with antiwpa. I appreciate the help

3. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
  4. olib

olib MDL Novice

Jan 20, 2011
    Hi, I have spent several hours reading stickies and threads I promise. I have a Dell dimension 3100 with a Phoenix BIOS. When I use OEMBIOS.exe I get the following:

F: Dell System OEMBIOS.CAT CRC=63875D1F
    F: Dell System OEMBIOS.CAT CRC=B6F0EEFD

Since neither of these CRC numbers match the Dell codes of page 4 of this thread:

Dell 2003 CRC-C20D8FF5
    Dell 2003 R2 CRC-99735910

Does this mean I have to get someone to mod the BIOS to put the right CRC codes in?

Thanks.

5. ZaForD

ZaForD MDL Expert

Jan 26, 2008
    Hi olib,

I think OEMBIOS.exe is telling which 'XP' oembios sets to use with that PC.
    WHS v1 uses 'W2K3' oembios sets (the Dell 2003's listed above) either set should work fine. ;)

6. Auto

Auto MDL Novice

Jan 21, 2010
    Thanks for the link canouna

7. livinginswva

livinginswva MDL Member

Sep 5, 2010
    i wanted to let you know that I never had any luck with my old HP machine in activating Home Server. I decided for a couple reasons to upgrade to a newer system using mostly spare parts I had laying around. Tattoed the bios sucessfully with the HP string, and used Oem Bios Changer to sucessfully activate. You help is greatly appreciated

8. 5aq1b

5aq1b MDL Novice

Mar 28, 2011
    Hello,

first post so please take it easy :D

I'm trying to install the WHS trial on my HP ProLiant microserver and not having any success right now.

I have followed Freestyler's guide (post 36) and have built the ISO.

When going to install - it asks me to enter the product key. I enter the key beginning with K3TQ3 and it says the product key is invalid. I also entered the key into the pid.inf file and replaced the key which was there under the heading [stagingkey] with the key beginning with K3TQ3.

Again - it asks me to enter product key and it says it's invalid.

What Am I doing wrong?

9. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    Then you did NOT follow the instructions!

Do it all over again

sebus

10. Fredecardoso

Fredecardoso MDL Novice

Apr 22, 2011
    Good afternoon (in my country),

I have the WHS with PP3 and I tried to tattoo the bios but did not work, also tried Activators,'s WPA, WGA's and went nowhere.
    ATTENTION: My WHS is an OEM version that I downloaded from the Internet.

I wonder if this tutorial is for the activation of WHS OEM or the trial is so, since I only have 23 days to activate.

I've extracted the DVD that took the Internet but do not know how it works and what the CDImage in step 2 do not know which manufacturer I should I download.

My PC has an Intel processor, and I think the motherboard is intel, the bios is not quite sure but it is also from Intel.

PS: I translated the text using Google Translate.

May well explain me how to do this five steps?

... I'm new at this and I know I'm a bit dumb but please help me as best as possible ...

Thanks,

Fred

11. Fredecardoso

Fredecardoso MDL Novice

Apr 22, 2011
    Good evening,

Thanks for the reply, however when I boot the CD DMI appears this error: Dude, the Windows CD wasn't detected, or something similar ...

I wonder what happens ...

Thanks,

Fred

12. ZaForD

ZaForD MDL Expert

Jan 26, 2008
    I've never seen that error. o_O

Have you read the whole thread to see if someone else has the answer ?
    Or post in that thread for help, as they know how it works. :)

13. Fredecardoso

Fredecardoso MDL Novice

Apr 22, 2011
  14. andy2001

andy2001 MDL Novice

Jan 24, 2010
    Hi sebus,
    I did make same mistake but have no idea how to compress files.

15. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  16. Nebelraser

Nebelraser MDL Novice

Jun 3, 2011
    I followed the instructions exactly as described in the thread //forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/25428-Convert-Windows-Home-Server-PP3-Trial-to-OEM
    I used the HP/COMPAQ 2003 R2 CRC-C0023D89 OEMBIOS files to build the ISO.

I also tattooed my BIOS using the DMI tool as described here: //forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/6351-DMI-Boot-CD-for-Award-AMI-Intel-BIOS-%28Add-SLP1.0-w-o-modding%29
    I used option 2 to tattoo the BIOS for Hewlett-Packard OEM. I verified via option 4 and command DMI that that Hewlett-Packard indeed shows up fine as Vendor. So far so good.

Then installed WHS from the newly built ISO. After logon, it prompted me for activation. Is this supposed to happen? I thought the previous steps will pre-activate WHS.
    Anyway, I certainly also tried to activate via the Internet, using the K3TQ3* key but was told that it is invalid. All other keys I could find for Windows 2003 server were refused as well, so this was a no-go.

What am I doing wrong? Or does this mean that this BIOS (and board) won't work with just the DMI tattoo method?
    It is a Foxconn A7VMX-K board with the latest available BIOS (79AF1P13).

When I use the OEMBIOS test utility, it tells me that "None of the 18 contained OEMBIOS sets will preactivate this system", so that would suggest that something is missing.

Any idea how to get this working?

Also, in the //forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/25428-Convert-Windows-Home-Server-PP3-Trial-to-OEM thread, what are those "SLP Strings for known Server 2003 Oembios sets" for? Do I need to use them to mod the BIOS? If yes, how?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

17. FreeStyler

FreeStyler MDL Guru

Jun 23, 2007
    @Nebelraser, my guess reading your story is either the DMI data is not preserved when booting, or the DMI area is located in a other memory range as expected.