Converting a factory Dell XP Pro SP3 Reinstall cd to Gateway

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by crayoxide, Jan 21, 2010.

1. crayoxide

crayoxide MDL Novice

Jan 21, 2010
    #1 crayoxide, Jan 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    I've been sifting through the previous posts and I found a lot of information on how to flip Retail to VLK, etc and it may be something so simple that it is not mentioned because it is obvious.

:D

Everything in our fleet is new from Dell, so I have a ton of these factory reinstall cd's. Recently, we got a pallet of used Gateway's sans OS and I want to put them into service by converting a Dell reinstall cd to run on the Gateway.

I found this thread to pull data without an installed OS: http://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/15225-Checking-for-SLP-without-Windows-installed

... and I was able to get this information:
    Code:
    F:Gateway OEMBIOS.CAT CRC=A04597C6
    F:Gateway & eMachines OEMBIOS.CAT CRC=C86378C7
    F:Genuine OEMBIOS.CAT CRC=8B2EBECB
    I have a vague ideal that I will need to reburn the cd after replacing some files, but I don't know what those would be or what to do with the CRC info yet.

Are there any RTFM/FAQ/links that someone could point me to on how to get this done?

Thanks.

2. crayoxide

crayoxide MDL Novice

Jan 21, 2010
    Thanks for the help, cd burning as I type.

Why download the uncompressed files, out of curiosity?

3. FreeStyler

FreeStyler MDL Guru

Jun 23, 2007
    I dunno, for a single replacement as yours the compressed would have worked just fine, uncompressed files are more suitable for multi oem systems, eg Google 'oemscan' and find the topic over @msfn to get more details on that.