copy of what CBS log shows from failed scannow test

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by leis, Sep 26, 2015.

1. leis

leis MDL Junior Member

Apr 6, 2012
    #1 leis, Sep 26, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
    This is just a copy from the copy of my CBS log that I was able to put on desktop from a CMD prompt I found today concerning my failure to access the cbs log. It came back with showing 1 file copied to desktop.

So from the first indication of anything after not finding a search of "cannot repair..." or just 'cannot' I scrolled a bit and over and over through series of the same

CBS Failed to internally open package. [HRESULT = 0x800f0805 - CBS_E_INVALID_PACKAGE]

From research thus far, it appears not to be loading the sp1 ?

Any info. on the above, thanks!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Skaendo

Skaendo MDL Addicted

Sep 23, 2014
    #2 Skaendo, Sep 27, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2015
    If you are going to do a fresh install, removing and not letting Windows Update install the Windows 10 related updates should prevent Windows from advertising and downloading anything Windows 10 related. It shouldn't matter which version that you install, Home, Pro or Ultimate. There are a couple of registry entries that Microsoft says to import/add as well, and I will be adding them to my Windows 7 thread about removing Windows 10 related updates soon.

You should also keep a eye on the updates that Windows Update wants to download and install when you update since sneaky MS will try to push the updates on you even if you do everything that they say to do if you don't want Windows 10.

Remember to back up your data and bookmarks before reinstalling Windows!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. leis

leis MDL Junior Member

Apr 6, 2012
    #3 leis, Sep 27, 2015
    (OP)
    Thanks for your most helpful reply.
    I am now seeing the Microsoft updates recommended from last week, for Office 2013. I didn't before, apply most any of the recommended updates ot Office as I don't use the 1 page or know much about it, and for the most part, only seldom use 2013 Word. So, I wondered if I should go ahead and uninstall that whole Office 2013 as maybe corruption is among the contents since I didn't follow their updated recommends and having seen the telemetry issues in the logs those couple of times, I understand that that could also be Office 2013 telemetry(?).

If I do reinstall that's where I'm hesitant as to shield or look out for potential incoming 10 windows updates. I guess that's part of the frustration of deciding to just ... reinstall and, of course, there's plenty of windows updates that will apply.

Thanks again.

4. Skaendo

Skaendo MDL Addicted

Sep 23, 2014
    #4 Skaendo, Sep 27, 2015

I don't think that there is any updates to worry about with Office, BUT I don't use MS Office so you may want to wait for someone else to chime in on that one.

If you want a free replacement for MS Office, I personally use LibreOffice. It is a really good full office suite that can do most everything that MS Office can do, and it can handle all the document formats that MS Office can and it can be used on Linux, Windows and Mac.