Copying the bookmarks in Firefox and adding them into another Firefox

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by ThomasMann, Aug 30, 2016.

1. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015
    #21 ThomasMann, Sep 1, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
    (OP)
  2. orbidia

orbidia MDL Junior Member

Feb 22, 2010
    The backup file is older versions of the bookmarks. Everything you need should all be in the one file: places.sqlite

It is faster than exporting the bookmarks and it works instantly once the file is copied into a profile overwriting whatever places.sqlite is already there.

Be careful because all bookmarks in the profile folder will be replaced with the bookmarks from the copied places.sqlite. Obviously, this won't be a problem if starting with a new default profile.

3. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    In order to be able to answer it, must know what the problem is. You do not you have said so far, what the problem and what You exactly need.
    As may be expected, you have a problem with bookmarks, but I wonder why it's so hard to say what the problem is.
    Now I know your problem, but seems, You don't need any help. You are simply Troll.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015
    You are a real a****** my friend, if you would have read the thread, everything is there, more than needed. And that problem has been dealt with elsewhere. And by the way: I asked a simple question opening this thread: How to transfer bookmarks.

If I need a daddy showing me the way to life I will ask so, but I did not. You seem have a very boring life, still, why don’t you spend it elsewhere? YOU NEVER EVEN ATTEMPTED TO READ MY CLEAR AND UNMISTAKABLE QUESTION ! Everybody else did! So go and F Yourself!

*Sorry, about the language, will not happen again, but someone needs to tell that character to mind his business if he has no answers, because he cannot even see the question!

Yen, can you tell him to stop being a nuisance?

5. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    #25 EFA11, Sep 5, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
    why is this still going? as I said in my original post about mozbackup, you can choose what you backup, not the entire :censored: profile unless thats what you want. Want just bookmarks, just get the bookmarks.

and to the other guy about the icons in favorites. The first time you re-visit the site, the icons return if they haven't already by the time you go there.

mountains out of mole hills guys, really?

want to make it even more simple, CTRL+SHIFT+B, click import and backup "Export Bookmarks to HTML" and when you get back to your FF, do the same thing but import them.