Coronavirus | Discussion

Discussion in 'Serious Discussion' started by Deleted member 1254778, Feb 28, 2020.

  1. gorski

    gorski MDL Guru

    Oct 21, 2009
    5,518
    1,453
    180
    Sometimes it's richly deserved, sadly...

    https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsa...y-about-the-origin-of-the-sars-cov-2-pandemic

    What does the science say about the origin of the SARS-CoV-2 pandemic?
    February 28, 20236:18 PM ET
    [​IMG]

    Security guards stand in front of the Huanan Seafood Wholesale Market in Wuhan, China, on Jan. 11, 2020, after the market had been closed following an outbreak of COVID-19 there. Two studies document samples of SARS-CoV-2 from stalls where live animals were sold.

    "Since the SARS-CoV-2 pandemic began three years ago, its origin has been a topic of much scientific — and political — debate. Two main theories exist: The virus spilled over from an animal into people, most likely in a market in Wuhan, China, or the virus came from the Wuhan Institute of Virology and spread due to some type of laboratory accident.

    The Wall Street Journal added to that debate this week when they reported that the U.S. Department of Energy has shifted its stance on the origin of COVID. It now concludes, with "low confidence," that the pandemic most likely arose from a laboratory leak in Wuhan, China.

    The agency based its conclusion on classified evidence that isn't available to the public. According to the federal government, "low confidence" means "the information used in the analysis is scant, questionable, fragmented, or that solid analytical conclusions cannot be inferred from the information."

    And at this point, the U.S. intelligence community still has no consensus about the origin of SARS-CoV-2. Four of the eight intelligence agencies lean toward a natural origin for the virus, with "low confidence," while two of them — the DOE and the Federal Bureau of Investigation — support a lab origin, with the latter having "moderate confidence" about its conclusion."

    The only ones insisting in a rather "hard" manner it's the Chinese conspiring - are the Amuricans conspiring for yet another war, this time with China... Heaven help us.;..
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. MS_User

    MS_User MDL Guru

    Nov 30, 2014
    4,618
    1,340
    150
    dont even go their because he made a statement with a attitude and arrogance like he was a witness to it....well why doesnt he shows use the hard evidence like pictures, video.....ahh but thats right he was never there.
     
  3. Opulent_Maelstrom

    Opulent_Maelstrom MDL Junior Member

    Dec 30, 2022
    65
    37
    0
    This does not entitle you or anyone to respond with aggression and insults.
     
  4. MS_User

    MS_User MDL Guru

    Nov 30, 2014
    4,618
    1,340
    150
    aggression is a physical act....nice try:rolleyes:
     
  5. Opulent_Maelstrom

    Opulent_Maelstrom MDL Junior Member

    Dec 30, 2022
    65
    37
    0
    Look...
    https://bmcgeriatr.biomedcentral.co..., kicking,profane language or sexual advances.
    https://open.lib.umn.edu/socialpsyc...n that creates,may be physical or nonphysical.

    You may search for more results.
    And of course, nice try to avoid responsibility on your online behavior.
    :rolleyes:
     
  6. Bat.1

    Bat.1 MDL Expert

    Oct 18, 2014
    1,201
    1,388
    60
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Opulent_Maelstrom

    Opulent_Maelstrom MDL Junior Member

    Dec 30, 2022
    65
    37
    0
    10 myths told by COVID experts — and now debunked
    In the past few weeks, a series of analyses published by highly respected researchers have exposed a truth about public health officials during COVID:

    Much of the time, they were wrong.

    To be clear, public health officials were not wrong for making recommendations based on what was known at the time.

    That’s understandable. You go with the data you have.

    No, they were wrong because they refused to change their directives in the face of new evidence.

    When a study did not support their policies, they dismissed it and censored opposing opinions.

    At the same time, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention weaponized research itself by putting out its own flawed studies in its own non-peer-reviewed medical journal, MMWR.

    In the final analysis, public health officials actively propagated misinformation that ruined lives and forever damaged public trust in the medical profession.

    Here are 10 ways they misled Americans:

    Misinformation #1: Natural immunity offers little protection compared to vaccinated immunity
    A Lancet study looked at 65 major studies in 19 countries on natural immunity. The researchers concluded that natural immunity was at least as effective as the primary COVID vaccine series.


    [​IMG]

    Public health officials downplayed concerns about vaccine-induced myocarditis — or inflammation of the heart muscle.
    AP/Nathan Papes


    In fact, the scientific data was there all along — from 160 studies, despite the findings of these studies violating Facebook’s “misinformation” policy.

    Since the Athenian plague of 430 BC, it has been observed that those who recovered after infection were protected against severe disease if reinfected.

    That was also the observation of nearly every practicing physician during the first 18 months of the COVID pandemic.

    Most Americans who were fired for not having the COVID vaccine already had antibodies that effectively neutralized the virus, but they were antibodies that the government did not recognize.

    Misinformation #2: Masks prevent COVID transmission
    Cochran Reviews are considered the most authoritative and independent assessment of the evidence in medicine.

    And one published last month by a highly respected Oxford research team found that masks had no significant impact on COVID transmission.

    When asked about this definitive review, CDC Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky downplayed it, arguing that it was flawed because it focused on randomized controlled studies.


    [​IMG]

    A study recently found that masks didn’t have much of an effect on preventing COVID-19 transmission.
    Jeenah Moon/Pool via REUTERS


    But that was the greatest strength of the review! Randomized studies are considered the gold standard of medical evidence.

    If all the energy used by public health officials to mask toddlers could have been channeled to reduce child obesity by encouraging outdoor activities, we would be better off.

    Misinformation #3: School closures reduce COVID transmission
    The CDC ignored the European experience of keeping schools open, most without mask mandates.

    Transmission rates were no different, evidenced by studies conducted in Spain and Sweden.

    Misinformation #4: Myocarditis from the vaccine is less common than from the infection
    Public health officials downplayed concerns about vaccine-induced myocarditis — or inflammation of the heart muscle.

    They cited poorly designed studies that under-captured complication rates.

    A flurry of well-designed studies said the opposite.

    We now know that myocarditis is six to 28 times more common after the COVID vaccine than after the infection among 16- to 24-year-old males.

    Tens of thousands of children likely got myocarditis, mostly subclinical, from a COVID vaccine they did not need because they were entirely healthy or because they already had COVID.

    Misinformation #5: Young people benefit from a vaccine booster
    Boosters reduced hospitalizations in older, high-risk Americans.

    But the evidence was never there that they lower COVID mortality in young, healthy people.

    That’s probably why the CDC chose not to publish its data on hospitalization rates among boosted Americans under 50, when it published the same rates for those over 50.

    Ultimately, White House pressure to recommend boosters for all was so intense that the FDA’s two top vaccine experts left the agency in protest, writing scathing articles on how the data did not support boosters for young people.


    [​IMG]

    President Biden pushed extreme policies to attempt to get every American vaccinated.
    Christopher Sadowski


    Misinformation #6: Vaccine mandates increased vaccination rates

    President Biden and other officials demanded that unvaccinated workers, regardless of their risk or natural immunity, be fired.

    They demanded that soldiers be dishonorably discharged and nurses be laid off in the middle of a staffing crisis.

    The mandate was based on the theory that vaccination reduced transmission rates — a notion later proven to be false.

    But after the broad recognition that vaccination does not reduce transmission, the mandates persisted, and still do to this day.

    A recent study from George Mason University details how vaccine mandates in nine major US cities had no impact on vaccination rates.

    They also had no impact on COVID transmission rates.

    Misinformation #7: COVID originating from the Wuhan lab is a conspiracy theory
    Google admitted to suppressing searches of “lab leak” during the pandemic.

    Dr. Francis Collins, head of the National Institutes of Health, claimed (and still does) he didn’t believe the virus came from a lab.

    Ultimately, overwhelming circumstantial evidence points to a lab leak origin — the same origin suggested to Dr. Anthony Fauci by two very prominent virologists in a January 2020 meeting he assembled at the beginning of the pandemic.

    According to documents obtained by Bret Baier of Fox News, they told Fauci and Collins that the virus may have been manipulated and originated in the lab, but then suddenly changed their tune in public comments days after meeting with the NIH officials.

    The virologists were later awarded nearly $9 million from Fauci’s agency.


    [​IMG]

    The theory that COVID-19 originated from a Chinese lab in Wuhan proved to be true.
    HECTOR RETAMAL/AFP via Getty Images


    Misinformation #8: It was important to get the second vaccine dose three or four weeks after the first dose

    Data were clear in the spring of 2021, just months after the vaccine rollout, that spacing the vaccine out by three months reduces complication rates and increases immunity.

    Spacing out vaccines would have also saved more lives when Americans were rationing a limited vaccine supply at the height of the epidemic.

    Misinformation #9: Data on the bivalent vaccine is ‘crystal clear’
    Dr. Ashish Jha famously said this, despite the bivalent vaccine being approved using data from eight mice.

    To date, there has never been a randomized controlled trial of the bivalent vaccine.

    In my opinion, the data are crystal clear that young people should not get the bivalent vaccine.

    It would have also spared many children myocarditis.

    Misinformation #10: One in five people get long COVID
    The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention claims that 20% of COVID infections can result in long COVID.

    But a UK study found that only 3% of COVID patients had residual symptoms lasting 12 weeks. What explains the disparity?

    It’s often normal to experience mild fatigue or weakness for weeks after being sick and inactive and not eating well.

    Calling these cases long COVID is the medicalization of ordinary life.


    [​IMG]

    The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention claims that 20% of COVID infections can result in long COVID, but other studies say differently.
    MediaNews Group via Getty Images


    What’s most amazing about all the misinformation conveyed by CDC and public health officials is that there have been no apologies for holding on to their recommendations for so long after the data became apparent that they were dead wrong.

    Public health officials said “you must” when the correct answer should have been “we’re not sure.”

    Early on, in the absence of good data, public health officials chose a path of stern paternalism.

    Today, they are in denial of a mountain of strong studies showing that they were wrong.
    https://nypost.com/2023/02/27/10-myths-told-by-covid-experts-now-debunked/
     
  8. gorski

    gorski MDL Guru

    Oct 21, 2009
    5,518
    1,453
    180
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. Dark Knight

    Dark Knight MDL Senior Member

    Jul 14, 2013
    323
    133
    10
    Let it go dude, no sense in arguing with left wingers.

    The truth is coming out , slowly but it is coming out , proving that the virus was set loose from the Wuhan lab, whether they choose to accept it or not is up to them ..... or .... they can wait for the next pandemic the Chinese release on the world.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. case-sensitive

    case-sensitive MDL Expert

    Nov 7, 2013
    1,680
    727
    60
    >they can wait for the next pandemic the Chinese release on the world.

    Why wait when they can read your posts ? The next pandemic is here ....... its you and people like you ......... talking fascho s**t in circles ........ pretending to be clever .......... pretending to be experts ........... spreading hate and propoganda ........... sabotaging a society with ego wanking ?

    >This does not entitle you or anyone to respond with aggression and insults.

    Troll .
     
  11. Opulent_Maelstrom

    Opulent_Maelstrom MDL Junior Member

    Dec 30, 2022
    65
    37
    0
    Left, right, center or any political position, no one is entitled to insult or attack.
    Asking for respect to others opinions is not trolling whatsoever.

    @Yen why people like @case-sensitive and @MS_User are allowed to insult others without being banned?
    Thanks for replying asap.
     
  12. case-sensitive

    case-sensitive MDL Expert

    Nov 7, 2013
    1,680
    727
    60
    Back to topic please .
     
  13. gorski

    gorski MDL Guru

    Oct 21, 2009
    5,518
    1,453
    180
    :D:D:D:D:D:p:p:p:p:p:D:D:D:D:D
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  14. Opulent_Maelstrom

    Opulent_Maelstrom MDL Junior Member

    Dec 30, 2022
    65
    37
    0
    COVID-19 vaccines – An Australian Review
    In case you missed it. Every health authority in the world should be warning the public about this. The paper was published Sept 21, 2022:
    Here’s the two sentences from the paper that everyone should read:

    A worldwide Bayesian causal Impact analysis suggests that COVID-19 gene therapy (mRNA vaccine) causes more COVID-19 cases per million and more non-Covid deaths per million than are associated with COVID-19 [43].

    An abundance of studies has shown that the mRNA vaccines are neither safe nor effective, but outright dangerous.
    https://www.opastpublishers.com/open-access-articles/covid19-vaccinesan-australian-review.pdf
     
  15. nodnar

    nodnar MDL Expert

    Oct 15, 2011
    1,315
    1,040
    60
    yes; the elite panicked; stocks were falling,
    so they did not check anything with those vaccines..
    they just twisted peoples’arms to get jabbed..
    and never mind the consequences..
    so now we got thousands of excess deaths,
    and the powers that be have got no idea of
    what caused it. [ at least the stocks recovered now..]

    https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Remarque_Im_Westen_nichts_Neues_1929.jpg
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  16. case-sensitive

    case-sensitive MDL Expert

    Nov 7, 2013
    1,680
    727
    60
    Please stop and think . And start to be honest .

    Not all humans are clever , there are a lot of very unintelligent people on the planet , slow people ,........ we as honest responsible adults have to admit that ........ those people drag us all down ......... and problems ocur so fast and regularly that those people are unable to cope ........... everyone needs to know that and learn to deal with it ............ and you have to acept that the world cant wait for you .

    Show reliable sources , with backing , real evidence .......... and a direct link , a verifyable link between what you claim is cause and what you claim is effect .


    You , and people like you need to start to trhink about your position in society . This thread is a good indication of how morons and trolls can destroy a thread / society .............. and it looks like very shortly the honest , upright people will have to defend truth , Defend science with harsh measures to stop them sabotaging society with their ignorance , vanity ,fake news and verbal faschism .

    Imagine a society so threatened that they have to change morals and ethics = Either sacrifice a few trouble makers or watch a society die . Then because we are loving responsible adults we pick out the trolls and give them a neck shot . In the interests of civilisation , freedom , and survival of the human race .

    = You are responsible for what you say and do and the consequences so grow up and stop mastubating your egos causeing trouble .
     
  17. R29k

    R29k MDL GLaDOS

    Feb 13, 2011
    5,171
    4,811
    180
    The next pandemic is human stupidity. I can't believe in a world with Internet and nearly instant access to data, that people are still regurgitating bs. Seems the more connected the world gets the more dumb it becomes. Money is spent to back up social media and all this horsepoop. Yet we can't cooperate to get the world to move forward on anything. Everything is a product to be marketed, including people.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  18. Opulent_Maelstrom

    Opulent_Maelstrom MDL Junior Member

    Dec 30, 2022
    65
    37
    0
    Any human is intelligent (except those mentally disabled by condition), anyone. However few people are quite intelligent above average and a minuscule fraction are genius brilliant, prodigies.
    Nice you acknowledge your own position in this world.
    Here now you contradict yourself, you are NOT including yourself in the mass., you are not that brilliant it seems. Think twice before writing bs.
    Then go and line up as soon as possible, your mere breathing is wasting our precious oxygen. Despicable eugenicist nazi and clown.
    Show me evidence you actually are entitled skilled authorized capable to claim you are above some people in here. Show me.
    Show me your college degrees. What gives you the right to claim you are above many others.
    That's exactly what you're doing here so change the "you" for "we". Moron.
     
  19. MS_User

    MS_User MDL Guru

    Nov 30, 2014
    4,618
    1,340
    150
    ahhh how much i wish i had a pair of hand grenades just about now;)
     
  20. gorski

    gorski MDL Guru

    Oct 21, 2009
    5,518
    1,453
    180
    :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...