Corrupted files

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by AmuletOfNight, Jun 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AmuletOfNight

AmuletOfNight MDL Novice

Apr 10, 2010
    My windows has corrupted files that it cannot repair. Windows boots regularly, but safe mode doesn't work (Black screen, no explorer, cant start explorer directly (can be started via a path), task manager still works, all apps work.) SFC reports different errors depending on the context in which it is running:

Under "Repair Computer (F8): "A repair is scheduled for next reboot, restart and try again" (which never works)

Under Installation CD: "A repair is scheduled for next reboot, restart and try again" (which never works)

In Windows (Normal): "Windows Resource Protection can not perform the operation"

In Windows (Safe Mode): "Could not start the protection service" (something along those lines)

Here is an SFC log:

Any Clues? :D

2. AmuletOfNight

AmuletOfNight MDL Novice

Apr 10, 2010
    It's about 6 months old, and it doesn't seem like it's failing. It passes all of it's SMART tests. I really rather not reformat, because I have a lot of stuff to back up.
    I am using Windows Loader (By Daz) 1.9.6. I cannot launch 2.0.3, for it launches in the task manager, but the GUI never shows up.

3. thabz94

thabz94 MDL Novice

May 31, 2011
    you know i got sick of trying to fix my windows........ so i said well f**k it, ima download windows 7 ultimate iso with a pre activate installed and backed my data on a external........

wouldnt be happier with another option since my computer is clean and fast again....

4. goscuter1

goscuter1 MDL Novice

Mar 19, 2011
    I'm such a moron. I've spent 5 months zero-filling with surely every utility on the Internet, then reinstalling Genuine Advantage Windows or Canonical distributions only to get corrupted silent unattended images installed instead - every time. 9 systems. 5 months.

I've finally clicked onto the above, and throwing my Genuine Advantage discs out - but heck if I can manage a non-corrupted iso download.

May I ask which one you used?

5. Netbanshee

Netbanshee MDL Junior Member

Dec 26, 2009
    You need to reevaluate your source files and start over. I've only had this described problem with fubar files. Try using another resource and/or another machine to prepare the install media.

6. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    not to forget but test ram .. if ram is going bad it will say file not found due to a character being different
    like.. EXLLORER.EXE would not work cause its supposed to be EXPLORER.EXE
    seen this many times.

7. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    I would second that.

It may would also be a good idea for the take out the Ram Module and use an Pencil Rubber for to clean the connector feets. It's often that just Airmoistures or simple wet dust forced the Ram Modules for to produce errors.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Closing thread this old topic was restarted by a Spammer.