Could not set as desktop animated gif in windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by jraju, May 23, 2014.

1. jraju

jraju MDL Member

Apr 6, 2013

Attached Files:

2. jraju

jraju MDL Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Hi, Carlos sir,
    I have tried bionix. What it does. It is suspicious , in that, that it gets 100% cpu usage for animating one gif file. It automates to tiled default, leading to 6 to 8 animations of the same, leading to this 100% cpu usage.
    I could not do anything to change the gif file. If cpu usage is 100%, because, it runs a green progress bar all through the running of gif file.
    Carlo, sir, it was working in earlier version.
    Would you please tell me how i could copy some 3d screen saver. .scr files to my windows 7. i tried, but all of them are exe files, which i am afraid that those contain exe file rather than scr files. please

3. alicepattinson

alicepattinson MDL Member

Jan 29, 2013
    I can still make a gif image as my desktop background. Hmmm. It's weird, why are you having this problem? Did you install any software before this happened?

4. jraju

jraju MDL Member

Apr 6, 2013
    hi, alice , do you mean with bionix. I have tried to play gif and surfed the net for the solution. I learnt that msoft has discontinued this feature in windows 7. So, whenever, i set gif file as desktop , it remains as still image. It was working with xp.
    Please if you mean that by bionix, would you please say how?

5. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    The Bionix tool works by extracting all frames from the GIF and then continuously setting them as wallpaper, in succession. While this will provide the animation, it is very CPU-intensive. It worked in XP because you could set a webpage as desktop wallpaper. That feature has been removed and now every image (animated or not) you set as wallpaper will be transcoded into BMP, destroying the animation. Note that Vista Ultimate has a feature called Dreamscene where you can play videos (not GIF) as Desktop Wallpaper.

6. jraju

jraju MDL Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Hi, Thank you very much for the exact reply . I tried Dreamscene but the right context menu is greyed. Something aero could not be loaded was the message. Thanks for your reply.Nokia older java version plays gif file in their mobile without any loss of power that much. But is there anything for android to play gif, as free download, sir.

7. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    No idea, I don't use Smartphones or other Android stuff.