Couple of problems (asus loader/boot)

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by www.com.au, Apr 2, 2010.

1. www.com.au

www.com.au MDL Novice

Apr 2, 2010
    Hey, I've been browsing these forums for months now, but only as a guest.

Figured I'd sign up now, as I haven't been able to get the BIOS mod working, and no matter what I try it refuses to work.

Specs:
    ASUS P5KPL/1600
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit

Problem:
    Unable to get to get the computer to boot from disc. (Flash drive and cd)

I've tried a few different loaders, from the ASUS site, and a couple from threads on these forums. The last I tried was at:
    http://slics.myftp.org/Asus/ASUS_P5KPL_1600_0512_ASUS_SLIC_2.1.rar

I used the "HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool" to format a 4gb usb drive, following the steps in the how to documents. (Checked Boot order in BIOS to no avail) I then tried to put a bootable .iso on a cd with a program "MagicISO", which also didn't work.

The files I've been putting on are the loader exe and the modded bios (.ROM) file.
    Also I'm currently getting the "Windows may not be genuine" popups. Will this effect flashing the motherboard or should I install over the top without net or updates and try and mod then?

I realize this is a simple problem and it is both time consuming and annoying, but I have been looking for an answer for a week now, and any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. NoJuan999

NoJuan999 Experienced SLIC Tool Operator

Jul 31, 2009
    You can grab one of these DOS Bootable CD ISO's an open it with PowerISo or MagicISO and then add the Modded Bios and Flash Utility to that then burn it to CD.
    http://www.bootdisks.us/ms-dos/5/ms-dos-bootable-cd-images.html
    Set your CD/DVD Drive as first Boot Device and reboot with it in you should be able to run the flash commands and flash the Bios.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...