Crazy sound problem

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by xflbret, Jul 31, 2015.

1. xflbret

xflbret MDL Novice

Jul 27, 2011
    #1 xflbret, Jul 31, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2015
    Since the upgrade, (when I say "upgrade", I really mean clean install of Win7, Upgrade of that to Win 10, then a clean install of Win 10) I have a crazy problem...

My sound chip is no longer smart enough to know when I plugged my headphones in. I have to manually turn off my speakers, and manually turn on my headphones. I'm not even sure the procedure I use, sometimes it just works when I start changing settings. I know that doesn't sound very informative, I'm sorry, but it is all I have. All I know for sure is that in all previous versions of Windows that I ran on this hardware, my speakers would work until I plugged my headphones in, then my headphones would work. Kinda the way it is supposed to be, I think. I can't figure out why it doesn't switch automatically anymore.

The drivers shows as "VIA HD Audio", and the version has a date of 6/15/2015 and a version number of 6.0.11.800. The chip I'm dealing with is VIA VT1708S

2. cyberloner

cyberloner MDL Member

Sep 19, 2009
    just wait for drivers update...
    my X-FI also not working well... the sound volume also love to missing in action... lol