Create your own MULTI-OEM Windows XP DVD…

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by sushil1576, Aug 21, 2010.

1. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    Hm Im trying to create a fully unattended file:)
    And ofcourse im using his addon, now.. How to actually create a fully unattended setup?

I only want the person to specify username and password.

I've tried to do it myself, ive done it manually by googling "winnt.sif" and also tried nLite but they both fail. Any guidence would be very appreciated:)

2. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    #62 urie, Sep 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017

Attached Files:

3. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    #63 tcntad, Sep 22, 2010
  4. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    Update: I used the winnt.sif creator and it worked flawless:)

5. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    #65 urie, Sep 23, 2010
    Yep it's quite good , i like the fact it has info on code pages and time zones e.c.t save you looking for the info.

here is a list that may be handy for disabling components through the Winnt.sif file.

Code:
    Note that setting OEAccess = Off 
    in the Components section of the Answer File only disables the installation
    of OE icons and registry entries, Outlook itself is still installed on your computer.

;The [Components] section contains entries for installing the components of Microsoft® Windows® XP.
    ;(On=Install, Off=Do not install)

[Components]
    ;---- Windows Games ----
    Freecell = On                      ;Freecell
    Hearts = On                        ;Hearts
    Minesweeper = On                   ;Minesweeper
    Solitaire = On                     ;Solitaire
    Spider = On                        ;Spider Solitaire
    Pinball = On                       ;Pinball
    Zonegames = Off                    ;Microsoft Gaming Zone Internet games

;---- Windows Accessories ----
    Calc = On                          ;Calculator
    Charmap = On                       ;Character Map
    Clipbook = On                      ;Clipboard viewer
    Deskpaper = On                     ;Desktop Wallpaper
    Templates = On                     ;Document Templates
    Mousepoint = On                    ;Mouse Pointers
    Paint = On                         ;Microsoft Paint
    Mswordpad = On                     ;WordPad
    Objectpkg = On                     ;Object Packager
    Rec = On                           ;Sound Recorder
    Vol = On                           ;install the Volume Control feature on the computer
    Dialer = On                        ;Phone Dialer
    Fax = Off                          ;Fax (Default=Off)
    Hypertrm = On                      ;HyperTerminal
    Media_clips = On                   ;Install sample sound clips
    Media_utopia = On                  ;Install the Utopia Sound Scheme (Default=Off)
    Chat = On                          ;Chat (Default=Off)

;---- Program Defaults ----
    IEAccess = On                      ;Install visible entry points to Internet Explorer.
    OEAccess = Off                     ;Install visible entry points to Outlook Express.
    WMAccess = Off                     ;install visible entry points to Windows Messenger.
    WMPOCM = Off                       ;install visible entry points to Windows Media Player.

;---- Internet Information Services ----
    Iis_common = Off                   ;Common Files
    Iis_ftp = Off                      ;FTP Service
    Iis_inetmgr = Off                  ;Internet Information Services Snap-In
    Iis_smtp = Off                     ;SMTP Service
    Iis_nntp = Off                     ;NNTP Service
    Iis_webadmin = Off                 ;IIS Web UI for Web server administration
    Iis_www = Off                      ;IIS World Wide Web Service
    Iis_www_vdir_scripts = Off         ;IIS Optional Scripts Directory
    Fp_extensions = Off                ;FrontPage® 2000 Server Extensions

;---- Message Queuing ----
    Msmq_ADIntegrated = Off            ;Integrate Message Queuing (also known as MSMQ) with Active Directory if the computer belongs to a domain.
    Msmq_Core = Off                    ;set up the Message Queuing components and provide functionality for any dependent clients
    Msmq_HTTPSupport = Off             ;enable the sending and receiving of messages using the HTTP protocol.
    Msmq_LocalStorage = Off            ;store messages locally, so the computer can send and receive messages even when not connected to a network
    Msmq_MQDSService = Off             ;provide access to Active Directory and site recognition for downstream clients
    Msmq_RoutingSupport = Off          ;provide efficient routing
    Msmq_TriggersService = Off         ;associate the arrival of incoming messages at a queue with functionality in a Component Object Model (COM) component or a stand-alone executable program.

;---- Terminal Services ----
    TerminalServer = Off               ;Terminal Server
    Licenseserver = Off                ;Terminal Services Licensing
    TSWebClient = Off                  ;install the ActiveX® control and sample pages for hosting Terminal Services client connections over the Web

;---- Management and Monitoring Tools ----
    WBEMSNMP = Off                     ;WMI SNMP Provider

;---- Miscellaneous Components ----
    AccessOpt = On                     ;Accessibility Wizard
    AutoUpdate = On                    ;Automatic Updates (Leave this set to On)
    Rootautoupdate = On                ;Specifies whether to turn on the Optional Components Manager (OCM) Update Root Certificates.
    Indexsrv_system = Off              ;Indexing Service (Default=Off)
    Msnexplr = Off                     ;MSN Explorer
    Netoc = Off                        ;Install additional optional networking components (Check this setting)
    Certsrv = Off                      ;Certificate Services
    Certsrv_client = Off               ;Web client components of Certificate Services
    Fp_vdir_deploy = Off               ;Visual InterDev® RAD Remote Deployment Support
    Netcis = Off                       ;Microsoft Component Object Model (COM) Internet Services (Default=Off)
    XtremeMaC

;The [PCHealth] section contains entries for configuring error reporting, 
          Remote Assistance, and Help and Support Center.
    [PCHealth]
    ER_Display_UI = 0                  ;Do not display the error notification user interface
    ER_Enable_Reporting = 0            ;Disables error reporting
    RA_AllowToGetHelp = 0              ;Do not enable Remote Assistance
    RA_AllowUnsolicited = 0            ;Do not enable unsolicited Remote Assistance.

6. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    #66 tcntad, Sep 23, 2010
    A very nice list indeed, thanks again:)

7. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    #68 urie, Sep 24, 2010
  8. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    #69 tcntad, Sep 24, 2010
    And that confirms exactly what i thougt:)

Thanks once again urie!

9. billgates-suck

billgates-suck MDL Novice

Jul 24, 2010
    Thanks for the clear instructions. Just a little question, should I download all "uncompressed Oem bios file sets" and put them in their respective oem folders without exception? What if I just download and put the OEM files from several major brands, such as: acer, asus, dell, etc., and leave the rest blank?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    #71 urie, Sep 25, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2010
    Yes you can just add the ones that you require, but if you are going to make individual OEM SLP cd's you need to use compressed oem bios files.
    I personally downloaded all oem bios files compressed and uncompressed just in case links went down :)

11. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    I have done that + integrated all(most) all driverpacks available and added all xp language packs :)
    Roughly 4 GB DVD hehe.. Remove the language packs and the dvd will take roughly 2 GB with driverpacks and oembios files, ofcourse all available.

Sounds like a good thing, i have all biosfiles downloaded myself but only the compressed ones for the xpcd..

12. sushil1576

sushil1576 MDL Senior Member

Jul 3, 2009
    #73 sushil1576, Sep 27, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2010
    (OP)
    yes, you can only use those brands that you want to use,..In that case,it will be better if you edit the oemscan.ini and delete the lines of those brands that you have decided to skip..If you won't delete those lines the oemscan.exe will also scan for those brands and if the oembios filesets are not found,then it will show error...you may face such problems as sometimes there may be more than one slp strings in the bios.

13. billgates-suck

billgates-suck MDL Novice

Jul 24, 2010
    I see. I just want to cut down my internet bill by only targeting major brands commonly used in our country. I'll try and hopefully no significant problems with it. Thanks again...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  14. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    #75 urie, Sep 27, 2010
  15. sushil1576

Jul 3, 2009
    #76 sushil1576, Sep 28, 2010
    (OP)
  16. Ranger2000

Ranger2000 MDL Novice

Aug 13, 2009
    the comment out is an good option

17. hadescx

hadescx MDL Novice

Sep 23, 2010
    I'm attempting to create a Multi-OEM DVD for XP: Pro, Home, MCE from my clean OEM Discs. Since I've been nominated to fix every computer of my family and their friend, I was hopeful a Multi-Universal DVD would be helpful.

I've been using nLite + Driverpacks for the last 2-3 yrs now, creating my own discs using OnePiece's Update as well. I'd like to retire my copies of Dell, HP/Compaq, Gateway discs and create one universal one.

My attempt to create a Home Disc went without error, but when I installed it on a fresh HD on my Lenovo T61 Laptop, it asked me for a key. I was surprised at first because I thought it would detect the OEM immediately. I tried to enter the XP Home key from the sticker on the bottom and it didn't work either.

I am going to try the same Disc on a Dell Desktop to check results, but I was a little disappointed in my first trial. I followed the instructions. I was wondering if I could screen shot a copy of my image via UltraISO so everyone can see the layout.

In addition, am I wrong to assume that upon detecting the OEM Manf. (Dell, HP, compaq, Gateway etc), it will automatically install the correct OEM files, Certificate and CDKEY?

18. FreeStyler

FreeStyler MDL Guru

Jun 23, 2007
    @hadescx
    The oemscan addon only works if your computer holds the required/matching SLP string in BIOS, did you test the existence of that?

19. sushil1576

Jul 3, 2009
    Well,as Freestyler pointed out,the first thing you should check is whether the system has any slp string in the bios with "oembios.exe"..

.You were prompted for a product key because it was not specified in the "Winnt.sif" file in the "/I386" folder...so if you don't want to be prompted for a product key then put the general Microsoft OEM Slp KEY in "Winnt.sif"..

One more thing is that,If you are using a Windows XP SP3 then you can just skip the product key page...the oemscan will automatically insert the correct product key and oembios filesets according to the matching SLP Strings in the bios..