Creating a Windows 8.1 AIO with Media Center manually

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by ambidav, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Joni

Joni MDL Junior Member

May 28, 2009
    Would it be possible to install Pro with WMC and then edit the SPP folder and maybe some others + registry to make it Pro and then activate with Pro key?

I got this far with replacing Pro + WMC SPP folder with the one from Pro: Windows activation said I have Pro, activating with KMS said "Activating Professional" but in the end activation failed. I think it checked some registry keys too. Winver said Pro with WMC.

2. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    Seems nice, shouöd try it soon as W8 is getting released..

Just waiting for Server 2012 RTM so i can make an AIO:)

4. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Awesome guide buddy!!! Just made a Windows 8 x64 AIO (Core+Pro+ProWMC+Enterprise) using dism in 8; no more WAIK ;)

5. anybastard

anybastard MDL Novice

May 9, 2007
    Hi

@Tito , could you post your "how to" ...if possible ?

Thanks so much
    AnyB.

6. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    #46 Tito, Aug 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Obviously... why not??

Code:
    Dism /Export-Image /SourceImageFile:d:\win8\sources\install.wim /SourceIndex:1 /DestinationImageFile:d:\install_pro.wim /compress:maximum

Dism /mount-wim /wimfile:d:\install_pro.wim /index:1 /mountdir:d:\mount

Dism /Image:d:\mount /Get-TargetEditions

Dism /Image:d:\mount /Set-Edition:ProfessionalWMC

Dism /unmount-wim /mountdir:d:\mount /commit

Dism /Export-Image /SourceImageFile:d:\install_pro.wim /SourceIndex:1 /DestinationImageFile:d:\win8\sources\install.wim /DestinationName:"Windows 8 Pro with Media Center" /compress:maximum

Dism /Export-Image /SourceImageFile:d:\install_ent.wim /SourceIndex:1 /DestinationImageFile:d:\win8\sources\install.wim /DestinationName:"Windows 8 Enterprise" /compress:maximum

install_ent.wim=Original Enterprise install.wim.

You need to 'polish' the 4th index using GImageX as guided in the first post ;)

7. betaabc

betaabc MDL Novice

Mar 14, 2012
    Well, this is very interesting. So ProfessionalWMC is indeed an individual edition. Now I'm curious, we know purchasing WMC pack is cheap, hence the price will drop significantly while we end up with more features. Hmm. Really interesting. All it requires is an activated Pro.

8. spidernz

spidernz MDL Senior Member

May 20, 2011
    will this install playready as well or will that need to be done separately?

9. petok

petok MDL Senior Member

May 4, 2009
    I have make all in one windows 8 Core, Pro, ProWMC, Enterprise both x86 and x64 but when install enterprise EULA show is RC version, before I add EI.cfg with this parameters
    [Channel]
    Retail

How to fix this problem?

10. ambidav

ambidav MDL Guru

May 14, 2008
    Playready is automatically downloaded and installed when you configure media center for tv tuning

11. betaabc

betaabc MDL Novice

Mar 14, 2012
    I just did that, but found that it won't accept WMC upgrade key. Intalling it with the default retail key is okay, but what to use after? It seems that it won't activate any WMC upgrade key as they are for upgrade only.

12. genenioo

genenioo MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2007
    Possible to post on how to make an all-in-one (x86 and x64) with the Media Center feature? I tried but the images were not in correct order nor were they all there. I used a method seen on this site followed by the instructions here but as said didn't come out quite right even though it worked perfectly for an aio without media center (can't post link--not qualified to do that yet). I've saw on betaarchive someone who claims to have accomplished this.

Thank you!!!!!

13. magodioz

magodioz MDL Novice

Aug 19, 2012
    Hi, i integrated media center in italian copy of windows 8 pro and i would to know if i registered with key of pro or key of media center.
    Media Center on installing automatically in same language of windows or i must to do something for select it?
    Thanks!

14. poincare

poincare MDL Novice

Aug 23, 2012
    Hello. I follow the link from the first post to download Windows Automated Install Kit and extract ISO files. How do I install this? It is just a bunch of directories and no install or setup or any .exe file to run..?!? :confused:

15. Nazzo

Nazzo MDL Novice

Aug 20, 2012
    The real link for Win Automated Kit it's ...microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=5753

16. fallan

fallan MDL Novice

Mar 19, 2009
    Thank all working well, well detailled instructions.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  17. sebg33

sebg33 MDL Novice

Aug 25, 2012
    hello

it is possible to have a tutorial with a version x86 and x64 ?

thanks ?:rolleyes:

18. poincare

poincare MDL Novice

Aug 23, 2012
    Thanks for this link, bro! Tht WAIK fixed the problem and I can create an Pro+WMC iso. w00t!

19. SwampFox56

SwampFox56 MDL Novice

Aug 14, 2012
    thanks for the info!