Creating Recovery Partition for Windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by MoonLaf, Feb 11, 2013.

1. MoonLaf

MoonLaf MDL Novice

Feb 11, 2013
    Hi,

I've purchased HP Pavilion G6 2288SE Laptop that doesn't come with Windows, only Free DOS.

I'm intending to give it as a present.

It was a good deal and I've got with it Windows 7 Home Premium DVD from HP.

I've installed Windows and all the necessary drivers which took me some time.

There is no Recovery Partition ofcourse.

Now I'm looking to create a recovery Partition.

I've searched and searched for the most suitable solution and I've found the following methods:

1. Windows 7/8 - OEM Recovery Partition Creator

2. Sysprep a Windows 7 Machine - Start to Finish V2

3. Acronis Secure Zone

I want this Recovery Partition to be similar to HP or Dell Recovery Partition.

I want to be able to press F11 or any other key to start the process of Recovery Partition similar to what is happening in HP or Dell Laptops.

If the installed Windows is damaged or I'm unable to access it for any reason, then I can access the Recovery Partition easily.

All drivers and essential applications (if possible) to be installed in the Recovery Partition.

I don't have much experience. I've tried to read those methods carefully to decide which one is the most suitable, but I'm a little bit confused.

I would appreciate if someone could suggest what I should do.

Thanks in advance.
    Mouna.

2. Vale Tudo

Vale Tudo MDL Junior Member

Feb 19, 2013
    i have used acronis secure zone lately for what you require and it seems to do fine and works of f11 or make a acronis boot disc aswell just in case f11 wont work.