CRITICAL SHOW STOPPER BUG in Windows 7 RTM Build 7600.16385 and Patched 7600.16399

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by pilot76103, Aug 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. delweine

delweine MDL Member

May 1, 2007

there can be a bug, but agree or not, this guy is blatantly LYING..

once he even mentions "7600.16399" everything he says becomes irrelevant, because again, HE HAS FLAT OUT LIED..

follow?

rtm sign off confirmed by ms as 7600.16385.. PERIOD.. once rtm is signed off THERE WILL NEVER BE ANOTHER SUBVERSION BUILD..

his claim as fact of some phony build with 16399, is grounds for a 7 day boot.

by spreading false information here in the form OF FACT, many newbies and less technical savy people might PANIC and freak.

totally irresponsible posting, and im my strong opinion, deserves a week ban.

2. atifsh

atifsh MDL Junior Member

Jun 4, 2008
    16399 is what u get when u use those patches leaked by zukuna. im using those my build is 16399, but not everything went upto that build. so its just some kind of patch that patches some files thus bumping up the version numbers.

but the final version in the registry does reads 16399. if u guys need proof post back im in office i can do that when home.

3. Brandrune

Brandrune MDL Addicted

Jul 30, 2009
    #23 Brandrune, Aug 4, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2009
    I understand that he is lying yet I have that same problem and use it on a day to day basis so I now have to emulate Vista (Urgh) when I do use it...

4. RanCorX2

RanCorX2 MDL Addicted

Jul 19, 2009
    enough with the drama, it's not a show stopping bug.

5. HotCarl

HotCarl MDL Addicted

Jul 21, 2009
    Wow...are you serious? I never thought that I would hear the words "chkdsk" and "show stopper" in the same sentence...if there ever was a more mundane utility that I rarely ever use. Next, well see that there is a glitch in one of the windows wall papers that says Windoes instead of Windows...now there's a show stopper :p

6. delweine

delweine MDL Member

May 1, 2007
    k let me explain, this should give people serious pause. it seems zukona has been honest in the past.. do u guys know for a fact these are real ms patches?

OR something "SMELLY"?

ive been testing this so called "bug" nothing wrong here on my end.. standard for a chkdsk /r on a non root drive.

as well, NEVER, ill repeat, NEVER has a patch from ms changed the subversion build.. not that im aware of.

now what is the reg key? ill look and see what it reads on my end, im 16385..

ive just never heard of this from ms before.

think for a sec,, if there is a subversion rebuild off a patch, why not 16386?

why 16399, 13 steps up?

something does not jive here.

again no memory leak here on my end at all... no bsod, ive now ran it 3 times.

at the very least, it CANNOT BE A SHOWSTOPPER BUG!!

7. johnnygers

johnnygers MDL Novice

Dec 30, 2008
    #27 johnnygers, Aug 4, 2009
    What a crock.... Who cares if "in your opinion" this is critical and it should be ***recalled***? LOL
    If you don't have what it takes to run an OS that is pre-GA then don't use it, as simple as that.

8. footgay

footgay MDL Member

Jun 28, 2009
  9. iaTa

iaTa MDL Junior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    delweine will you shut up.

Try doing some basic research before you start hurling accusations.

When I say basic I mean two posts below this in the Windows 7 forum - you can't get more basic than that.

What a moron.

10. HSChronic

HSChronic MDL Expert

Aug 25, 2007
    Enough of the flames guys. He posted his OPINION, he is entitled to it. Jumping down someone's throat is a quick way to get YOU a warning not the poster. Everyone can post what they want within reason, and we promote friendly discussion not flame wars. If you want to call each other names and send nasty PMs then do it on another board please.

Will the build get recompiled? No, they will just issue a hotfix much like they did with the mp3 bug in the beta build of Windows 7.

Is this a showstopper? It is critical and needs to be addressed right away, but show stopper status is something like kernel level with the whole memory addressing subsystem, a small chkdsk bug is easily fixed with a hotfix. As you can see they already have hot fixes out for things, so this will be added to WU.

I also understand that people want to run 7 in a production environment, which is fine, but running an OS this new in production runs its risks, this is one of them.

11. PrEzi

PrEzi MDL Addicted

Aug 23, 2007
    I have never agreed more with you mate :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  12. SeventhUser

SeventhUser MDL Junior Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Does the bug occur everytime on every system? Has anyone determined possible causes? Did anyone care to file a crash dump with Microsoft? Has Microsoft classified it as critical? Can you classify something as a "SHOW STOPPER", complete with capitalization, when it's not your show and it has ended already?

Does discovering that a "chkdsk /r" hangs up your system mean that you have any idea about software development, quality assurance and business practices, and about Microsoft's in particular?

Anyone can check something like bugzilla.mozilla.org and find out that, for example, Firefox 1.5 still crashes regularly on systems around the world, after all the years and all the updates. And anyone should know that we are not living in a perfect world.

In addition:
    This guy has posted the same topic in at least 6 other forums. As in here, no one confirmed a crash, many confirmed that "chkdsk /r" will use most of the available memory. So it's pretty obviously a case of one guy seeking attention on the internets by demanding that Microsoft cancels releasing Windows 7 because checking your disk for physical defects (that's what the /r switch does) may (shock!) use your memory.

13. Collo

Collo MDL Novice

Aug 2, 2009
    I didn't notice anything strange, but then again my D: is empty.

14. Dutchman01

Dutchman01 MDL Member

Sep 6, 2007
    Nothing strange here

4GB DDR3
    64-bits win 7

I can believe somethinge went wrong if (1 ore more) memory modules are faulty.

But when system is 100% as mine here, nothing strange happens, it works 100%.

15. bertmace

bertmace MDL Member

Jul 14, 2009
    has anybody try this in vista sp2 to see if does it to

16. bertmace

bertmace MDL Member

Jul 14, 2009
    #37 bertmace, Aug 4, 2009
    what makes this bad is the os is not going to out till aug 6th and maybe if it bsod after it out we can get a hotfix to fix it also I been hearing this was in rc1 7100 and nothing was done to it fix

17. bearbear

bearbear MDL Novice

Mar 4, 2008
    I'm uninstalling Windows 7 right now because clearly this bug is not worth me using it any more.

18. bertmace

bertmace MDL Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Ha! Ha! me to

19. PrEzi

PrEzi MDL Addicted

Aug 23, 2007
    LOL.
    Go for it mate - nobody will stop you from installing DOS 6.22 - the most stable OS ever ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...