Curious question

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by BigCol, Jan 3, 2010.

1. BigCol

BigCol MDL Member

Sep 16, 2008
    I have installed windows 7 and every thing seems ok. However when I switch on my pc, and when you see the windows 7 logo on start up, it is to the right of the screen and not in the middle. I have installed the latest drivers for my graphics card which is an Nvidia Gforce 9600 GT. Everything else is fine, its just this one little thing and its starting to bug me. My monitoris an edge10, 24inch wide screen if that helps. Thanks in advance...........yet again, you help is and always very much appreciated.

2. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    Im not sure why but maybe its hardware related..

Anyway, i need to see a pic of this :p

3. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    try to install specific drivers for your monitor.
    Might be that generic drivers are messing up screen position.

You could even try to just uninstall and reinstall the monitor.

4. Phazor

Phazor MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    Picture not center-adjusted for that resolution?

Next time you boot try pressing the AUTO button...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. MrFerretKing

MrFerretKing MDL Member

Aug 25, 2009
    I know in XP that was common on some monitors due to the start up process uses a lower resolution than the one that is set once inside windows and is not in the monitors native resolution.

Try hooking up another monitor to see if it follows the computer or is only on that monitor. Some monitors will auto adjust during boot ( mine does, Asus 22 1080p) others will not and will have to be done manually.

In the end it really doesn't matter unless you restart your computer 10 times a day just to see the start up logo.

6. roirraW "edor" ehT

roirraW "edor" ehT MDL Addicted

Sep 1, 2007
    Probably just need to use your monitor's controls to adjust (hopefully an option to automatically adjust) the screen for the resolution that's being used during that part in the boot process. You'll have to be quick to get to the option in the monitor controls and activate it while the boot screen is still up.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. HSChronic

HSChronic MDL Expert

Aug 25, 2007
    yeah the auto button will fix it. It is just having the monitor resense where the picture center is.

8. drkk

drkk MDL Novice

Dec 5, 2009
    Windows 7 boot screen is always 1024x768 resolution.
    Just adjust your monitor when you see logo.