Cursor glitch

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Xplay, Nov 22, 2009.

1. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    And you did try with another mouse ? and so also uninstalling the razor drivers first ? cause that's the only thing it could be by means of deduction.
    DWM (desktop windows manager) can't be the cause for this.

So try uninstalling drivers for your razor mouse, then shutdown, plug another mouse in, and startup and let it install.

2. Xplay

Xplay MDL Novice

Nov 10, 2009
    Just did what you said to do and still the same thing. Last time I switched the mouse I never uninstalled the razer driver but doing so now unfortunately I still get the same glitch. I feel like Ive tried everything I don't know what else could be causing this.

3. Xplay

Xplay MDL Novice

Nov 10, 2009
    I also just tried disabling desktop windows manager to see if that help and nothing :(

4. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    This must be one of the weirdest things I've seen the past couple months :confused:

I'll let you know if I find something else. Gonna google a bit this time...

5. Xplay

Xplay MDL Novice

Nov 10, 2009
    Yeah I know it really is strange, but thanks for the help I really appreciate it. I tired to record my desktop with Fraps and CamStudio so I can upload how the glitch looks like but the glitch doesn't show up when you play back the video. But anyway thanks for helping me try to solve this.

6. MrFerretKing

MrFerretKing MDL Member

Aug 25, 2009
    Since it was ok in safmode
    I would think it is your video card/driver issue due to the old plain vanilla vga driver is being used in safemode

Try different revisions of video drivers and/or find another video card and try it

Also are both mice you have tried, USB or was one of them PS2?

7. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    He has the latest nvidia drivers for win7 x64 installed, so can't see any issue there. Could give it a go though. Try to find an earlier revision and see what gives...

8. Xplay

Xplay MDL Novice

Nov 10, 2009
    I tried an older driver for the video card and without the driver with just the regular windows driver. Still no fix. Also both mice I used are usb. I wish I had another video card to test if its the card itself but I don't. I did suspect it to probably be the video card causing this as I can't see what other hardware could make this glitch but at the same time why would it only glitch when I go over a link. I don't have this problem when I use windows xp so I don't know. But in safe mode using windows 7 the problem doesn't exist so I'm just confused lol

9. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    You and me both :p
    Stupid question maybe : did you install from a clean iso ? seen some weird s**t when dealing with tampered iso's...

10. Xplay

Xplay MDL Novice

Nov 10, 2009
    Yeah, hashes matched on both 32 and 64 bit iso's that I installed. Ive tested both on one of my laptops also with no glitch.

11. MrFerretKing

MrFerretKing MDL Member

Aug 25, 2009
    Just throwing some things out there

If you have a PS2 mouse give that a try. I doubt it will make a difference but who knows at this point.

It looks like you are stuck with trying a different video card to rule it out.
    You don't have any old PCI based card laying around in some old machine you can pull from?

12. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    Or just use that old machine instead ?
    Hehe, just kidding :D
    USB drivers would be nearly impossible, but I agree with ferret, can't rule it out yet.

Tried playing with the settings of the graphic card yet ?

13. Xplay

Xplay MDL Novice

Nov 10, 2009
    I don't have any PS2 mice laying around or an older video card. Guess I'm going to have to wait to purchase a new video card and see if it fixes the problem. I'm due for an upgrade anyway. I'll keep you guys posted if I ever do find a fix for this stupid annoying glitch. Thanks for the help guys.

14. Xplay

Xplay MDL Novice

Nov 10, 2009
    I just wanted to make an update for those who where helping me on this. I upgraded my video card last week to a nvidia gts 250, I was hoping this would fix the glitch but it hasn't. I really don't know what else it could be and what to trouble shoot unless its just my motherboard, I mean what other hardware is there left to be causing this? Anyone have an idea what gives on this? Ive gotten use to the glitch so it doesn't really bother me as much but if anyone came up with idea of whats causing this or how to fix it please do share, thanks.

15. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    If you haven't tried out another mouse yet, I'd try that. Still think it's the mouse.

16. Animeniac

Animeniac MDL Novice

Dec 19, 2008
    Have you tried messing around with the Visual Effects settings under Advanced System Settings(aka System Properties)?

17. Xplay

Xplay MDL Novice

Nov 10, 2009
    I have tried using a different mouse and same thing. Both mice are usb not ps2 though... I played with every visual setting that I know of and still same thing so I don't know what to try anymore. I guess I'll try getting a ps2 mouse and see if that's it.

18. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    This must be one of the weirdest issues I have seen.
    Well, not quite, but still very unusual.

19. Andrew180

Andrew180 MDL Novice

Sep 30, 2009
    #40 Andrew180, Jan 8, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2010
    I have this issue too and it's pretty weird. But it happens very occasionally so i don't care. I've attached an image for illustration. I drew it in paint... just bunch of random pixels... i don't know how to explain it.

Attached Files: