Cursor glitch

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Xplay, Nov 22, 2009.

1. Xplay

Xplay MDL Novice

Nov 10, 2009
    Yeah that's what it looks like but with the outline of the cursor mixed in the pixels and yellowish for me. Its very strange. I'm assuming its not a hardware issue since you have the same problem as me but I don't know. Have you tried the Mac cursors to see if it goes away?

2. Andrew180

Andrew180 MDL Novice

Sep 30, 2009
    I haven't tried that but now i can't get it to happend so i wouldn't be able to tell u if it goes away. But if that solved ur problem then it should be some bug in cursor graphic but there would be more people experiencing this. It's strange. Sorry if my english is buggy :D.

3. oddbalz

oddbalz MDL Novice

Jan 25, 2010
    I had the same problem you described.. the OS X cursors do seem to have fixed it.. I set the text select cursor to default because I do not like the OS X one and I still do not see the problem. Although, I changed a few of the cursors to default within the OS X theme (saved it as a different one) and the problem came back.

4. Xplay

Xplay MDL Novice

Nov 10, 2009
    Just curious for the two other people who have this problem. Do you guys both have nvidia video cards? The reason I ask is because I just put a Ati radeon 5850 card in and the problem is completey gone as far as I can tell. Previously I had a Nvidia 7800gt then a gts250 and with both the glitch continued. With the Ati card I just installed today no glitch at all no matter what cursors I use.

5. akaEins

akaEins MDL Novice

Jun 5, 2010
    I have such problem. It happens sometimes. I found easy solution, more precisely, i found "causer" - it is an option in:
    My Computer - Properties - Advanced system settings - Settings button in Performance section and u see "causer" Show shadows under mouse pointer. Uncheck it, Apply and there is no more glitch.

And there is a question, is it bug only on nvidia cards (i have nvidia) or what else? Because instal/uninstall nvidia drivers doesn't help.
    So, try please my solution and write if it helps. And sorry for bad English.