Customizing Windows 7 ... I wish it were easy

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by dumppq, Jul 28, 2009.

1. dumppq

dumppq MDL Junior Member

Mar 3, 2008
  2. Kromgol

Kromgol MDL Junior Member

Jul 12, 2009
    Right click on Taskbar > Properties > Taskbar Buttons dropdown > Choose Never Combine.

A uxtheme patcher doesn't exist at this moment :( Not even the patched file exists ( I think ^^)

3. dumppq

dumppq MDL Junior Member

Mar 3, 2008
    No ... I already have it like that (see screenshot), I just want to change the color of that white "highlight" for the selected Task (Firefox in that case).

And thanks tomorrow, I'll check that out.

One other one I forgot!

04:: I hate those "Jump Lists"! I see that I can Shift+RightClick a task to get the old-school "context" menu instead ... is there anyway anybody knows of to swap that behaviour? Meaning, regular right-click gives the context menu and Shift-RightClick gives the JumpList?

4. DKnight2066

DKnight2066 MDL Junior Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Speaking of Customization:

Back during WinXP, SP2 days, I stumbled on a website that was an excellent reference to what Services you could disable, say on a Gaming system, without doing harm. (Drivers not loading, BSODs, Network/sound suddenly dead, etc.)

Granted we are still -way- early into the lifespan of Windows 7, but I'm eager to see some kind of list on this subject, rather than just watch 600-800MB of my 2gig of RAM swallowed-whole by Win7, and not be able to do anything about it.

I can tweak WinXP to load with 75MB of RAM used at startup...

75mb... :D

I'll never get that under Win7, but 600-800mb? Madness. lol

--DKnight

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Belarathon

Belarathon MDL Senior Member

Nov 21, 2007
  6. DKnight2066

DKnight2066 MDL Junior Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...