DaRT 7, 8 AIO USB?

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by scorpio2112, Jun 20, 2014.

Tags:
  1. scorpio2112

scorpio2112 MDL Novice

Apr 1, 2012
    Sorry if I sound noobish , but is there such a thing? Has someone created a stand alone AIO Dart 7 x86, x64 with DaRT 8 x86, x64? I know Murphy78 includes them on his releases, but does DaRT need to have all the overhead of the OS's to function? I would like to have a lightweight tool like DaRT 7 and 8 on my keychain 4gb usb stick. I do have Hiren's 15.2 on usb but would DaRT be better and less complicated to use? Thanks.

2. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    If you're IT'ing it, you might use the superaio v5. I've included boot options for all the darts and it's compatible with uefi boards.
    I guess you could modify the bcd files and just remove the boot wims and install.swd files. You'd need to know your way around bcdedit though.

3. scorpio2112

scorpio2112 MDL Novice

Apr 1, 2012
    :D I do have that as matter of fact:worthy:. I was working on an older Pentium pre-core duo and it couldn't even take the loading screen so I sent him packing. I was thinking it was all the 181 different OS's filling up all the system ram took forever before I just said screw it I'm not gonna sit all day with this, when maybe his Hard Drive was failing anyway. Maybe I'll just carry your 181 v5 around with me and be a big shot. :p

4. Monkeydo

Monkeydo MDL Novice

Aug 29, 2014
    Murphy78 let me know if I should do a new thread. I have a few questions. First thank you for creating the superaio v5. But how do I install a OS with it. I was able to use the DART tools, but didn't fix the PC. Gave up and now just want to install the OS. ENTER or F8 only gives me WINPE.
    THANKS IN ADVANCE.