DaRT Integration to a Windows 7 ISO?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ImDWreck, Oct 15, 2013.

1. ImDWreck

ImDWreck MDL Novice

Oct 13, 2013
    I'm really interested in trying to integrate Microsoft's Diagnostics and Recovery Toolset (DaRT) into the Windows 7 install ISO. The standard way of doing this is creating a Recovery Disk (PE), the difference being that it has the added options for DaRT which gives you 14 very handy tools for troubleshooting your own problems with Windows 7 and end users.

I just recently discovered MDOP as I was browsing TechNet because my Subscription expired and I missed out. Lucky for me I didn't have to wait for MSDN because I found it here from you guys. When I troubleshoot an end users PC I have a plan with a specific process. A set of disks, Windows 7 Ultimate and Enterprise, Recovery Disks for both, Office 07, 10, 13, and troubleshooting programs on a CD. If my plan works, I can do all of this and way more on 1 disk and possibly a USB drive.

So far everything is going according to plan. After I finish with Windows 7, I plan on doing this to XP and up as well along with Office 03 to 13, and maybe some anti virus programs. The only thing I need now is to figure a way to integrate DaRT 7.0 into the installation disk so I can use it as a recovery disk also. The plan goes as follows:

Step 1: Have a Windows 7 ISO
    Step 2: Have DaRT 7.0 installed
    Step 3: Integrate both
    Step 4: Burn the disk and test by installing Windows and using the "Repair my computer" function
    Step 5: Get a USB Drive ( Patriot Spark 64GB USB 3.0.jpg ) and download XBoot
    Step 6: Test XBoot with a Virtual Machine
    Step 7: If successful then repeat the process with XP-8 and add any other programs as needed.

Result:

Windows XP Pro 32-Bit
    Windows XP Pro 64-Bit
    Windows Vista Ultimate 32-Bit
    Windows Vista Ultimate 64-Bit
    Windows 7 Ultimate 32-Bit
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit
    Windows 8 Enterprise 32-Bit
    Windows 8 Enterprise 64-Bit

Office 03 Pro 32-Bit
    Office 07 Enterprise 32-Bit
    Office 10 Pro Plus 32-Bit
    Office 10 Pro Plus 64-Bit
    Office 13 Pro Plus 32-Bit
    Office 13 Pro Plus 64-Bit

IObit Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 6 32-Bit
    ESET Smart Security 6 32-Bit
    ESET Smart Security 6 64-Bit
    Revo Uninstaller Pro 32-Bit
    Revo Uninstaller Pro 64-Bit
    Spy Hunter 4 32-Bit
    Spy Hunter 4 64-Bit
    WinRAR 32-Bit
    WinRAR 64-Bit

All on one little flash drive. If anyone can help I'd greatly appreciate it. Anyone who would like to do the same is welcome to ask questions. If you'd like to download something on the list I wrote most can be found here on the forum. If you can't find it I'll upload it for you.

Thanks, DWreck.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...