data.dat

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by mdc, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Bezalel

Bezalel MDL Member

Apr 30, 2012
    I don't think so. I was able to apply an image using Imagex and avtivate it with my free ProWMC key. All ei.cfg does is allows the setup process on the DVD to proceed with the install without a full install key.

2. 68324

68324 MDL Novice

Dec 13, 2012
    It is not necessary to have iso Install DVDs Win8 pro with WMC. Can be used Win8 Pro version and follow the procedure in this post. It works perfectly. Thank You so much.:)

3. Sugadevan

Sugadevan MDL Junior Member

Feb 20, 2011
    u guys are doing research:worthy: carry on :)

4. PrincessLuna

PrincessLuna MDL Junior Member

Oct 5, 2012
    If I mess with my data.dat file, this would affect Office 2013 activation as well wouldn't it?

5. BTOR

BTOR MDL Addicted

Nov 18, 2009
    yes that's why you should backup

6. Jax

Jax MDL Novice

Nov 4, 2009
    After experimenting and found it the hard way. Like to point out the facts.

Well! it is capable

Bingo! if you made it public. But in case dev retail key you share within same geolocation or to yourself say about 2-3 pc then upgrade it to WMC it should be ok(so far). Best keep to youself.

This is the most important fact of all time! Yes you're damn right!

Well this is what we are hoping for doesn't it? But still if there is, until then......

Conlusion. Clean data.dat DOES NOT EXIST! KMS will be flagged as non genuine whether blacklisted or not. WMC with retail activation stays.The two times activation trick will just a matter of time till the party is over. Why? Because ten of thousands sharing the same activation and same date scattered geolocation .

If you really like Windows 8 grab the offer while it last! That's all there's to it.

7. jabberwocky

jabberwocky MDL Member

Aug 28, 2009
    For what its worth I have 3 installations of windows 8 pro on 3 different partitions (on the same PC)
    The first one ,activated via KMS then used the "upgrade windows features" option ,along with a free windows WMC key .
    this OS was activated a few weeks back and is still activated and I used windows update yesterday (no problems)
    the second OS was activated a week later on a different drive ,and at the moment is fully activated ,same method (exactly) as the first.
    The 3rd OS was created from an upgraded ISO (same ISO) as above but pre upgraded to WMC using windows download intergrator by alphawaves .
    then, I used a DATA.dat from the first OS (copy) and added the same key , via slmgr command and restarted , this OS is also fully activated as of a few days ago ,as I said above I visited windows update ,and updated all 3 OSs yesterday and they all remain activated ,however the first two have identical DATA.dat files and are 21kb (20.576bytes) each. the third OS is however , now 31kb (31,072bytes) dispite originally being copied from the first OS.

8. PrincessLuna

PrincessLuna MDL Junior Member

Oct 5, 2012
    There is an SKU for Windows 8 Pro WMC directly, not upgrade however it accepts different keys and the upgrade key fails to activate it. To convert a Pro + WMC system to Pro WMC simply delete data.dat and it re-creates one that behaves as a PRO WMC (Not upgrade) system.

9. ratnayesu

ratnayesu MDL Novice

Apr 7, 2012
    Hey this data.dat method works for office 2013 as well.
    I brought a data.dat file from my uncle's laptop which has legit activation of office 2013 pro plus & Win8 pro wmc.
    I just replaced the file and added a freeWMC key and a retail key found in the internet for office.
    Both activated without any validation nor internet. !!!!!!cooooolllll!!!!!!

10. rrohela

rrohela MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    #90 rrohela, Jan 4, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2013
    :hmm: @redroad Another & new just banged the door..

Could you share your data.dat not uncle's ?

11. ratnayesu

ratnayesu MDL Novice

Apr 7, 2012
    skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=5B4CB8878D9B2685!111

12. rrohela

rrohela MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    Will try this soon & confirm that what it has for us?

13. leviathany2k

leviathany2k MDL Novice

May 3, 2012
    I have activated my Win8 x86 with the WMC free key before the ban.

I used an ISO that got from here and use the MDL app to turn it into a Win8PROWMC and when install started as a clean install requested the key I entered the free WMC key. After that the Win8 was installed and connected to the net and activated online without any problems.

No KMS
    No data.DAT replacements.

I have that data.dat saved for activation backup purposes.

If it help I can shere it.

Win8 was installed on an old Compaq Laptop.

14. dustmalik

dustmalik MDL Novice

Aug 6, 2012
    #94 dustmalik, Jan 8, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
    i guess you meant "Windows download integrator" when said "the MDL app". well i must inform you that "windows download integrator" integrates Alphawaves own data.dat in the process of creating the PROWMC iso. in other words, there was a data.dat replacement in the process of creating the PROWMC iso without your knowledge. he specifically mentioned it in his thread.
    But what i still don't know is the kind of data.dat he integrates into the iso

1. is it a KMS PROretail activated only data.dat
    2. is it a KMS PROretail + WMC activated data.dat
    3. is it a MAK PROretail activated only data.dat
    4. is it a MAK PROretail + WMC activated data.dat

15. TONSCHUH

TONSCHUH MDL Addicted

Jun 11, 2012
    #95 TONSCHUH, Jan 9, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
    Windows-8-Pro-Upgrade-x64 incl. Promo-Offer as Clean-Installation, activated, WMC added and activated, Office-2013 Pro Plus + Project Pro + Visio Pro installed, activated via KMSmicro 3.10 Essential = 45.056 bytes (size on disk)

:)

16. xDownSetx

xDownSetx MDL Novice

May 13, 2010
    Windows 8 Pro, KMS activated, WMC key added through Add Features to Windows, Internet disabled and activated by phone. data.dat 21.4 KB (21,984 bytes)

17. OldMX

OldMX MDL Addicted

Jul 30, 2009
    J
    You need a clean activated data.dat for that right? How you got it?

18. vicdamone

vicdamone MDL Novice

Jan 25, 2013
    I know im new here but im in serious need of some help if possible, well while looking for Windows 8 enterprise I actually installed windows 8 enterprise evaluation instead when all I really wanted is windows 8 pro with WMC 64 bit. Someone please tell me they can help me im going crazy..

19. redroad

redroad MDL Guru

Dec 2, 2011