DAZ Loader makes Windows 7, Vista not boot - Occasionally

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by danjres, Nov 2, 2009.

1. danjres

danjres MDL Novice

Nov 1, 2009
    Yo... I got one I'm not sure if other people are running across... I have one PC in my house that gets seriously effed whenever I use the Loader on it... Most recently, after upgrading an unauthorized Vista machine to a win 7 machine. After upgrade, I ran the loader, and the machine wouldn't boot, or at least appeared that way.

In the past, this has happened to me when installing Vista and using the Loader on said machine. In the past, no fix, not even system restore, would bring it back, I would have to re-install.

This time, restoring back to the upgrade fixed the boot issue, and get this.. the machine is activated!?

Anyway, all is well, and I ain't bitching about awesome software that lets me get free s**t, I just thought you might want to know.

This is on an AMD 64 3800+ (single core) based HP Pavilion.

Also, I'm thinking that maybe I've been selecting a brand option (you know where you can pick dell, hp, whatever) willy-nilly... does that have an impact, i.e., if it's wrong, is that bad?

LOL. Thanks bro. Windows 7 is great and is even better once unlocked!

2. Ankebut

Ankebut MDL Junior Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Why not posting in DAZs Loader THread?

3. Mafiaboy

Mafiaboy MDL Novice

Nov 2, 2009
    lol your thread made me get confused once again on which loader i should be using to activate my windows.

4. iNO12

iNO12 MDL Member

Jul 27, 2009
    #4 iNO12, Nov 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  5. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Repair instructions come with the loader as well as in Opa's thread. Often if the boot hangs you can still access the GRUB menu (hold R or Esc while booting) to try a different activation mode that best suits you, or you can select to boot direct into Windows without a loader to uninstall it. Most systems don't have the issue, and it wouldn't be tied to just my application since everyone on this forum is using the same GRLDR version, mines just a little custom.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...