Daz Loader - Seperate Installation/Boot Drives

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by arbiter34, Nov 21, 2013.

1. arbiter34

arbiter34 MDL Novice

Nov 21, 2013
    I hope this is in the correct area. Anyways, I recently had to replace my Windows installation drive due to drive failure so I chose a 4tb internal. Due to the size, the drive is GPT and it houses all of the Windows data. My motherboard is a DP965LT so I am unable to boot from the 4tb internal drive(no EFI support), so I have a 16gb flash drive that I have setup as the actual boot drive. Of course after the switch Windows no longer showed as genuine, and I am having issues getting the Loader to work. I believe this is because the loader is trying to install to the boot sector on my installation drive, not on the boot drive. Please advise if there is a way for me to control where the Daz Loader installs. Thank you!

2. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    Why not just have a small, fast HDD as your system drive and use the LARGE drive as a data repository or backup drive?

We all have our druthers, but I can hardly imagine what kind of data security plan you'd have once that big drive got to even half full.

3. nimd4

nimd4 MDL Novice

Jul 10, 2007
    #3 nimd4, Dec 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...