Daz Loader - Unsupported partition table Problem

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by mystic.bertie, Jul 9, 2017.

1. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  2. kopitaneskita

kopitaneskita MDL Member

Oct 5, 2010
    same problem on my mother's lenovo g50-30 laptop.

it was purchased without any OS, and at first i put her windows 10 pro. she couldn't use to it and i decided to put her windows 7 ultimate. i deleted all partitions before installing over usb flash drive, then created new partions and i still got same message as thread opener.

what are my options for fixing this issue?

thanks in advance!

3. frach

frach MDL Novice

Nov 11, 2018
    you could either mod the bios with slic 2.1 which is risky or you can also use windslic but apparently it takes some knowledge from users.
    another solution is to format and install win7 pro on the laptop then use kms tool for the activation or disable UEFI in the bios and use legacy/bios option to install win7 ultimate in MBR then use daz for the activation.

4. kopitaneskita

kopitaneskita MDL Member

Oct 5, 2010
    but why is this happening? this laptop didn't come with any OS, it was OS free.

what would happen if i download new bios for windows 7 from lenovo official driver downloads page? would it make any difference?

5. frach

frach MDL Novice

Nov 11, 2018
    you installed win7 ultimate in UEFI and daz cannot emulate slic table with GPT disk, that's the reason why you receive that unsupported partition error message so you can either format and install win7 pro as i said then use kms tool for the activation as ultimate edition cannot be activated with kms tools or you can choose to disable UEFI in the bios and activate CSM/Legacy bios to be able to install win7 ultimate in MBR then use daz loader for the activation.

6. kopitaneskita

kopitaneskita MDL Member

Oct 5, 2010
    will daz loader work if i change bios settings to legacy after i install windows or it needs to be changed before installing windows?

i ask because i couldn't install windows 7 at all until i selected "default settings" in bios.

7. frach

frach MDL Novice

Nov 11, 2018
    if you change bios to Legacy, win7 ultimate will probably not boot anymore so if you decide to chango bios setup to legacy you will have to reinstall win7 ultimate.

8. kopitaneskita

kopitaneskita MDL Member

Oct 5, 2010
    it could not boot from usb flash drive until i set up "default" settings in bios but i think it was on still on legacy by default... but i'm not 100% sure... that's why i'm puzzled about that legacy boot as a possible reason for daz loader not working.

does it make any difference if i check after installation on which mode is bios, uefi or legacy? what if it's really on legacy mode?

9. frach

frach MDL Novice

Nov 11, 2018
    #29 frach, Dec 2, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
    you installed win7 in UEFI and CSM/Legacy where both are enabled so you have to disable UEFI in the bios and activate only CSM or Legacy bios then reinstall win7 ultimate in MBR to be able to use daz for the activation.

yes you can check in the bios to see which mode is enabled at any time, it's not a problem.
    But again if you don't want to worry about things like this, you can just reinstall win7 pro without the need of chnaging anything in the bios then use kms tools for the activation.

10. kopitaneskita

kopitaneskita MDL Member

Oct 5, 2010
    ok, i just checked... it says it has legacy support but uefi is priority first.

so i would need to change that to legacy priority first and install windows 7 again in order to make daz loader work? did i get it right?

11. frach

frach MDL Novice

Nov 11, 2018
    yes that's what you should logically do.

12. kopitaneskita

kopitaneskita MDL Member

Oct 5, 2010
    ok, now i'm installing win 7 pro with legacy priority first and i will try daz loader after installation. if it still doesn't work, then i will use microsoft toolkit or kms pico.

thank you very much for all your help.

13. frach

frach MDL Novice

Nov 11, 2018
    No problem.
    Now you should logically be able to activate win7 pro using Daz at the end of the install.
    Let me know of the result.

14. kopitaneskita

kopitaneskita MDL Member

Oct 5, 2010
    still same message... legacy priority first didn't make any difference :/

15. frach

frach MDL Novice

Nov 11, 2018
    #35 frach, Dec 2, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
    humm, so you need to disable UEFI in the bios, try to check if there is any option which allows to disable UEFI in the bios.
    if you don't find the option, UEFI must not appear in the boot list, try to make sure UEFI does not appear in the boot list.

edit : if it still does not work, keep legacy bios as first priority then boot from usb device and when you see the partition window appear, do this :
    press Shift+F10 to open a command prompt window.
    then you enter these lines :

diskpart
    select disk <disk number>
    clean
    convert mbr
    exit

then install win7 on the partition and see the result.

16. John Sutherland

John Sutherland MDL Addicted

Oct 15, 2014
    Hello @kopitaneskita - It's not just a matter of changing your BIOS settings from UEFI to Legacy/CSM. And simply deleting all the existing partitions on the disk isn't enough. You have to change the disk's partition table from GPT to MBR. That is why you get the message "unsupported partition table" when running the loader. You can use the Windows installation media you created for Windows 7. Re-run the installation, and when you get to the second screen, go down to the lower left corner and select "Repair your computer". On the next screen, select the first option "Use recovery tools . . ." and click "Next". On the next screen, go to the bottom and select "Command Prompt". Once it opens, follow this sequence of commands:

1.) diskpart ### Enter the diskpart command subset
    2.) list disk ### Displays all disks; on a laptop with only one HDD, Disk 0 will be the only disk listed. WARNING: If you have multiple HDD's, make 100% sure you select the correct disk
    3.) select disk 0 ### Select Disk 0 as the target disk; see above
    4.) clean ### Delete the existing partition table and all existing disk partitions
    5.) convert mbr ### Initialize the disk as MBR
    6.) exit ### Exit diskpart
    7.) exit ### Exit the Command Prompt

On the screen that re-appears after exiting the Command Prompt, select either Shut Down or Restart. Now proceed to install Windows 7.

EDIT: Looks like frach beat me to it. The penalty for being a slow typist. :doh:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  17. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Use the MTK EZ-Activator function and it will insert the gVLK and run the kms activation.

18. kopitaneskita

kopitaneskita MDL Member

Oct 5, 2010
    tried that first, it doesn't work.

19. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    What dotnetfx version do you run on 7 Pro?