Daz Loader - Unsupported partition table Problem

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by mystic.bertie, Jul 9, 2017.

1. kopitaneskita

kopitaneskita MDL Member

Oct 5, 2010
    where can i check that?

2. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
  3. John Sutherland

John Sutherland MDL Addicted

Oct 15, 2014
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. frach

frach MDL Novice

Nov 11, 2018
    @kopitaneskita
    one question, have you saved the bios after choosing legacy bios as first priority in the boot list ? i think you haven't saved it. you have to save the bios after changing options.
    i assume that if you had saved the bios, you would have received an error message when booting from usb device at partition window telling you that you cannot install win7 in legacy bios with GPT disk and at this moment you would have been obliged of converting from gpt to mbr to be able to install win7.

5. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
  6. kopitaneskita

kopitaneskita MDL Member

Oct 5, 2010
    modiified (teamOS) .iso with november update... in order to get my mother's laptop ready as soon as possible.

but it's not a problem, i will try first with command prompt lines to make it work with daz loader, if i stuck with it, i will install win 7 pro VL and activate it with mtk or kms pico.

7. kopitaneskita

kopitaneskita MDL Member

Oct 5, 2010
    #49 kopitaneskita, Dec 3, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
    of course i did :). i changed to "legacy support", then "legacy priority first", "save changes", "save changes and exit". then i pressed lenovo smart button to get boot up menu, and choosed EFI generic usb flash drive (under legacy devices) which is windows installation bootable usb and no problems with installing.

God, how i hate laptops with all those issues and problems with installing, activating and switching between different OS. that's why i never and will never purchase laptop for myself. i could have made 3 or 4 desktop PCs fully ready for the time i lost without success with one single laptop.

8. frach

frach MDL Novice

Nov 11, 2018
    #51 frach, Dec 3, 2018
    are you sure ? because i think you couldn't have installed win7 in GPT with UEFI disabled so please check that legacy support and legacy bios are both selected in boot mode and boot priority.

after checking that both of these options are correct, just convert your disk to MBR as i told you when booting from usb device at partition window and this time it should work with daz.

9. kopitaneskita

kopitaneskita MDL Member

Oct 5, 2010
    i'm 100000 % sure, i lost whole evening with that, i would never let something like that to happen...

but i didn't do one thing last evening - i can't remember for sure but i think i put windows 10 bios update from lenovo driver support site first day we purchased that laptop (prior to windows 10 installation i put first on it). and now i see there is a separate bios update for windows 7 on lenovo drivers support download page. should i install that windows 7 bios over current one or to leave everything as it is?

10. frach

frach MDL Novice

Nov 11, 2018
    just leave as it is, bios update has nothing to do with your problem, it is just configuration bios and disk matter.

11. kopitaneskita

kopitaneskita MDL Member

Oct 5, 2010
    ok, i will try your method with command prompt when i get back home from work.

again, thanks to everyone who are trying to help me out. ;)

12. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    So, you install one of the most crappy homebrew iso's online and it doesn't work:thinking:

13. kopitaneskita

kopitaneskita MDL Member

Oct 5, 2010
    #56 kopitaneskita, Dec 3, 2018
    belive me, it was not my option either... murphy78 is not active anymore with montly updates .iso's and on the other side tpb is off for a couple of days already so i couldn't get generation2 version.

ok i i found generation2 on alternative host.

14. kopitaneskita

kopitaneskita MDL Member

Oct 5, 2010
    i forgot to ask - should i make bootable usb flash drive as GPT or MBR in rufus?

15. frach

frach MDL Novice

Nov 11, 2018
    MBR.

16. kopitaneskita

kopitaneskita MDL Member

Oct 5, 2010
    yesterday i made it as GPT... do i still have to do that command prompt action after making new usb bootable drive as MBR?

17. frach

frach MDL Novice

Nov 11, 2018
    yes.
    Logically, you won't be able to install win7 on the partition when booting from the usb drive as win7 cannot be normally installed in GPT with Legacy bios so when trying to install win7 you shoud receive an error message saying that "win7 cannott be installed in GPT with this bios configuration" and at this moment you will open the command prompt as i told you to do the conversion to MBR.