Daz Windows Loader vs MTK/KMS - is one method better than the other?

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by Nazzy, Nov 26, 2016.

1. Nazzy

Nazzy MDL Junior Member

Nov 19, 2016
    #1 Nazzy, Nov 26, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
    Got a question for you guys regarding Windows Server and activation methods.

What are the pros/cons ACTIVATING a Windows Server OS with Daz Windows Loader compared to activating with MTK/KMS? I understand Daz Loader injects SLIC before boot, whereas MTK uses a key management emulator that requires a scheduled task to run indefinitely on the installed OS. Is one method better than the other? Intuitively one would think DAZ Loader should be a more elegant and robust method since it doesn't require a scheduled task to run like MTK does, but maybe there are other reasons one would prefer MTK/KMS over Daz Windows Loader.

Thanks in advance for clarification on these issues!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. redroad

redroad MDL Guru

Dec 2, 2011
    It is my opinion that the motherboard that has the slic present in bios is the least vulnerable. However the slic must be present so it either comes from the manufacturer that way or a bios mod is needed. The slic needed is going to be Server OS dependent. DAZ's loader adds the cert and key depending on the slic in the bios but does not add the slic as far as I know.