Dedicated backup drive won't let anthing to be written to or deleted from it for no good reason

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Cemster, Apr 21, 2018.

1. Xariwey

Xariwey MDL Junior Member

Mar 26, 2017
    are u sure that u inherit the same permissions to all folders/subfolders/files from root...

do a quick test make a folder and make a file inside that folder see how the permisions are set on those and make sure that the folder and files u dont have acces got the same level of acces permisions as the one u created

2. Cemster

Cemster MDL Novice

Feb 18, 2018
    @taviruni
    Disabling UAC no help! Wait I didn't reboot! I'll try that after I am done with today's work...

@ satrianiboys
    I already have that one, and another one like that, which both didn't help! Can't reinstall windows it took me two months to get here!

@
    Xariwey
    I can not make another folder! I only have Read rights (well also I can change the owner...)

PS Thank you all. I Appreciate it...

3. Cemster

Cemster MDL Novice

Feb 18, 2018
    Sorry for the lengthy delay...

I disabled UAC but that did not help.
    I did a bunch of things but nada... And it's getting worst... Looks like it is contagious!
    More three internal and all the external drives are now write protected...

By the way, I have not specifically installed any of the MOBO drivers in the first place... But so is my other offline system. They both found the best drivers by themselves...

But at this point, I am just gonna scratch it... It's time for a new system...

4. tonto11

tonto11 MDL Addicted

Jun 18, 2012
    What about a virus, this has some of the symtoms of ransomware
    have you hit it with Malwarebytes or som of the other good cleaners?

...T

5. Cemster

Cemster MDL Novice

Feb 18, 2018
    No more fishing in the dark is required. But thank you. I am happy to announce that I have not had any virus incident for a decade and I have no AV to thank for!

No need to be concerned by it since I have renewed that particular OS. No need to figure out how Windows does screw up million different ways anyway... :)

Thank you everybody and I am sorry to drag you into this S... hole with me. I should have pulled the plug from that OS much sooner...

6. pcnavarra

pcnavarra MDL Senior Member

Nov 13, 2017
  7. Cemster

Cemster MDL Novice

Feb 18, 2018
    I am not indexing any drive of mine, ever.
    And it wasn't an external drive at first...

But like I said, I have already fixed the issue by reinstalling Windows... :)

thank you all