Defraggler is the worst Defragmenter on the planet!

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by ian82, Apr 30, 2013.

1. ian82

ian82 MDL Expert

Mar 7, 2012
    #1 ian82, Apr 30, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2013
    I love and trust Pirifrom's CCleaner so much it's my fav. tool but it surprises me that such a good developer releases this Defraggler... on many occasions, I tried it, and got the same results, but everytime they release a new version. I feel like giving it the benefit of the doubt....no luck...

I have a 1 TB HDD along with my SSDs (which I don't defrag obviosly)

So I click on the HDD and hit defrag, estimated time to finish is 9.5 hours for god's sake! and I'm wondering, what on earth is it doing?

Even PerfectDisk although uses a more advanced method of defargmentation called SmartPlacement which places the most used files on the outer edge of the disk for faster access, still beats defraggler by a foot's pole

So after I was intimidated by that 9.5 hour ETA, I quickly closed it and ran the Windows built in Defragmenter it finished the job within 10 mins!

surprisin' me... heh

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Vogt

Vogt Guest

Try to use : O&O Defrag[h=2][/h]

3. Josh Cell

Josh Cell MDL Developer

Jan 8, 2011
    I always use the Auslogics Registry Defrag that are in the Boost Speed application and it work fast. It's free!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...