Delete Internet Explorer's temporary files from CMD

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by sacarias, Feb 4, 2020.

1. sacarias

sacarias MDL Junior Member

Nov 21, 2018
    In Internet Explorer I'd go to Tools > Internet Options > General tab > "Delete..." under Browsing history, then check Temporary Internet files and Cookies.

I'm looking for a way to do this from batch CMD (not Powershell).

I already tried "RunDll32.exe InetCpl.cpl ClearMyTracksByProcess 2" and "8", but this only deletes stuff at "medium level" and I'd need "low level", thus this is not the way for me (I also checked that cookies were still in Internet Explorer).

Any help for doing this?
    Aren't both temporary and cookies actually saved in some folder under %localappdata%, so I could just delete it?

Thanks.

2. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    Why don't you use CCleaner, there is a huge selection of what to delete and when to delete it. Includes cleaning of IE automatically when closing IE. Any many more options, now mostly for any available browser.
    Of course, if You uses winapp2.ini, optimized for Your needs, You can get even hundreds more options. Plus You can add Your own rules, what to clean and exclude what You don't want to clean. It's simply wonderful to use.
    No need to invent any new bicycle or look for artificial home chemistry.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...