DELL 1555 WINDOWS 7 OEM Installation Query

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by sandunes, Mar 12, 2012.

1. sandunes

sandunes MDL Novice

Mar 12, 2012
    I received my copy of Windows 7 Premium 32 bit as an upgrade from Windows Vista Premium from Microsoft and Dell . When i bought my laptop - dell studio 1555 , i received it with a copy of windows Vista but i was given a free upgrade to window 7 premium 32-bit and i received the CD from Microsoft. Now i have misplaced this particular CD but i have the original oem (slp?)key which came with it .

I want to do a clean install but since i have lost the Windows 7 CD i would like to create a new CD with the corresponding cd key for installation . How should i go about it ? I have a dell windows 7 premium oem 64 bit CD from a friend who owns a dell laptop and is using that windows 7 version from the cd . Can i use the image from his CD and modify it with my own SLP key so that it works on my laptop . His version is 64 bit , will it make a difference ?

And if i can't use this image(from my friend's WIN 7 64 bit premium) then what steps should i take to create a new CD ? If there's already a forum for this please kindly post the link here .

Thanks .

2. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    So what you're saying is you want to install Windows 7 Home premium 32 bit, but you lost that disk but you still have its 25 digit key?

3. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    Must have found the disk.